What's new

Video/Tutorial New Scorpion Cross Up Mixup

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes

The first parts shows a vortex using a spear set up.
For this set up to work you have to end your combo with a CLOSE SPEAR. ( meaning you have to connect the spear close to you) j2 crosses up and j3 doesn't

The second part shows a hard to block fuzzy Guard. This set up is pretty inconsistent. Wel for me. This set up works best I hope to find more set ups.

@GGA Slips
@Perfect Legend
@1man3letters
Chris G... Lol

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
@Laos_boy Have you tested it with the character walking back? Sometimes that causes things not to cross up depending on the characters walk speed.
I tested on some characters. If you do the cross up early you can't move. But sometimes if you do it early It won't cross up. I'll test it tomorrow before school. Unless someone wants to test it?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Dude I get bodied by cross ups that I normally don't have to worry about when I'm not using Raven.
We're always spoiled by our characters..

Luckily Arrow and Martian don't really give me bad habits outside of the Wake Up game.

That and I have plenty of pocket characters.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@Laos_boy Have you tested it with the character walking back? Sometimes that causes things not to cross up depending on the characters walk speed.
walk speed doesnt matter, its dashes but thanks for bringing up the point of testing

Sadly I was unable to test it. So can someone confirm?
i looked into this before but stopped when saw the range of different variables on the whole cast.
i had to remember who 21,b12 and at the time 2u3 whiffed on so i wasnt going down the road of remembering more character specific stuff lol

pretty much its more ghetto mix up that a vortex setup,
every character can escape the j2/j3 without guessing which side your going to land on by backdashing from the direction scorpion is jumping from.
after that there is 4 main layers of character specificness.

*there backdash will escape j2/j3 but will still be hit by a follow up 1 (example MMH)
*there backdash will escape j2 but be hit by follow up normal but opponent can guess a forward dash instead, there backdash will escape j3 and follow up as normal (example zod)
*there backdash will escape j3 but the follow up 1 will hit, there backdash will escape the j2 and follow up normal (example lobo)
*there backdash will escape j2/j3 and follows ups will whiff (example batgirl)

personally the only non escapable vortex option for right after a MB spear ive found is, whiff a nj3, then either instant j1 or b1. no escape options.
this setup makes instant j1 x100 easier to land also (for smaller bitches like batgirl/frost/catwoman)

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@1man3letters
Man :(
I knew a flaw would come out of this set up. I thought It would be good because it was safe. Everything is a risk but for a low reward with scorps.
well theres still a mix up to play, just not a guaranteed left/right one like he has in the corner.
back dashes have more recovery than forward so you could jump then MB telepunch to catch the attempted backdash if your opponent kept backdashing out.
just like you mentioned above though, thats high risk,medium reward kinda deal.