What's new

New Rankings Site, "FGCStats.Net" opens, puts WhiteBoi in Top 5

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As eSports becomes more of a common term in the FGC (fighting game community), player ranking becomes more and more important and more and more interesting. It's not always difficult to know who the number 1 guy or gal is in NetherRealm games, but those who fall directly below could be negotiable if based purely on discussion.

This new site called FGCStats.net has put together ranking coverage on all most recent NetherRealm titles back to Injustice: Gods Among Us with the hot sauce Injustice 2 included as well (obviously). Also, this website is put together in a very professional way - they mean business and it's clear that they are serious are their statistics. Check out these few screen shots:

injstats1.jpg

games.png

stats.png

Check it out here: http://www.fgcstats.net/

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Looks like they just do it as win percentage? Which seems dumb as they take the match numbers as well.

For mkx 2EZ is above Honeybee by almost 2% but Honeybee has 3x his matches and more losses than he has wins.

Not to discredit EZ's skill I would just like more information on the rankings and numbers.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
This reminds me of that one website during the MK9 days that the guy was interviewed on the KPT.

I wonder if the rankings are based on an Elo rating system? That would explain some of discrepancies mentioned above. Either way, data transparency is always bueno. Hopefully they'll dish on their methodology at some point.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Tekken Master/Slayer, you guys cant both be #5. Decide amongst yourself who deserves it more

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
coo, site should have 100% separate values for each game, I do not mind an "overall" value as something additional, but I think most people would like to see say IJ2... and ONLY IJ2.

Also would be mega awesome if it recorded win / loss stats.. be great to see FK vs Slayer in a final and be able to see the history of wins vs each other and what characters they used.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I wonder if the rankings are based on an Elo rating system? That would explain some of discrepancies mentioned above. Either way, data transparency is always bueno. Hopefully they'll dish on their methodology at some point.
I doubt it, who did Punk/Wong beat? Who did Brady/Coosco beat? Balrog/Cossner? Unless you're talking on a collective games basis but that still wouldn't make sense when ranking games on an individual basis.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Maybe the most recent tournies are weighted much higher, to keep the list of top players more current? Idfk I didn't even click the site lul.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Maybe the most recent tournies are weighted much higher, to keep the list of top players more current? Idfk I didn't even click the site lul.
That's not it because Punk's only I2 results counted are Combo Breaker. So it can't be most recent since Punk/Wong didn't play at CEO while I did and it can't be ELO since Vman beat Reo and placed 17th at CB while I beat Rico Suave and Whiteboi at CB and placed 9th.