What's new

New or Old?

New Design or Old Design?

• New

• Old

Results are only viewable after voting.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
As said in other threads, I like the new design functionally, but aesthetically it needs some changes. I mention it here:

On Desktop here.

I like the update functionally, but aesthetically it's kinda off. The darker grey is a lot better than the light grey and blue from yesterday, but now all text is really big! The font size from yesterday was perfect, imo. And the background wallpaper still looks very out of place. I like the background, it's pretty neat looking, but not for a Mortal Kombat forum. Looks more like something you'd put on a goth lingerie site.

Other than that, I think it's nice.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I mean, we went from TYM to...this:
Just wait until front page is populated. Not sure why all articles were gone I'm expecting incompatibility with the update.

Either way, this should look empty only for a few more hours until the news editors start front paging threads again.

Let's see how it would look then. (At least the ads should be pretty far apart when there's actual content)

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I feel kinda bad for the TYM crew, that 72% has to hurt, but change is scary after all.

Is it possible to get both versions? Kind of like Reddit has old.reddit?
People will get used to it after a while, so there's no need to change it back. However, feedback on how to improve it is a good way to help the mods. ^^

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Royal Contributor
It's always funny to me seeing people knee-jerk at stuff like this. I kind of dig the new-age feel of this layout vs the myspace equivalent that was here. Some aesthetic options like black instead of blue, and more red or gold to fit the MK vibe would be great. Definitely got to do something about that background though. Paisley hasn't been in for a while, even with RDR2 still being relatively fresh.

If you read my posts about the change you'll realise that I have no agenda against the new design. I genuinely want to see what people think.
all it does is fuel fire. why not start with a post or tutorial about the new layout. do a poll after people have time to adjust. knee jerk polls will always be skewed.

GLoRToR

You're my fan if you can't stop shitposting me.
all it does is fuel fire. why not start with a post or tutorial about the new layout. do a poll after people have time to adjust. knee jerk polls will always be skewed.
Fuel what fire? There is no fire.
It's a simple question. Here is something, look at it, do you like it?
It's not hard, there is no agenda.

Vslayer

Kurses in moose
Premium Supporter
Numbers don't lie but we all know people dislike change and until they get used to this new layout, I don't think we can fairly use these numbers. Naming Improvements you want will help Storm more than just a yes or no poll.

GLoRToR

You're my fan if you can't stop shitposting me.
Numbers don't lie but we all know people dislike change and until they get used to this new layout, I don't think we can fairly use these numbers. Naming Improvements you want will help Storm more than just a yes or no poll.
The new style is staying. Xenforo is the best forum software at the moment.
But seeing whether or not the community likes the new design is a step towards finding if there is anything that needs to improve about it.

This is not the same concept as "let's make a poll to force nrs to not have standard variations", this is a simple straightforward question.

If the several hundred active users all vote, we'll see what everyone thinks.

"People dislike change" sounds like you're afraid that the majority of the several hundred will dislike it.
IF that happens, there is good reason for it.
But at the moment, I suggest we just wait and see.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Styling needs work. I feel like there's a lot of wasted space that's not being used. Also, gothic carpet background.

Functionality seems okay, however there are some bugs with the side bars appearing and disappearing in annoying/unexpected ways when writing posts and comments.

Actually right now, whenever I hit a newline, the side bar reloads.

LeoMK29

Noob
Seems like the old version was more user friendly. Also is the status bar gone? I kinda liked seeing what people were randomly thinking lol

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I think I'll like the new functionality, but I dislike the aesthetic. I prefer the old theme. There is no half and half vote, so I didn't vote.