What's new

Video/Tutorial - Unbreakable New Optimal Unbreakable BnBs + Swag

huh

Noob
Tested it for you. 33%. What you did was to avoid the tightest link by switching the Aura and the Iceball places in the string. Kudos. :)

The B12~Aura, B12 is the tightest link there.

If you add the 1 before the B12~Burst ender, it gives 34%.
Thanks man.

So, @DarksydeDash , try playing around with

(j1/j2) b12~iceball, fjp, b12~Aura, 242, run b12~Burst and ender variations.

I think you can squeeze more damage, and still keep it practical. Essentially, adding a b12~iceball on your midscreen combo, before the aura.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
I've already answered this its better to have a hard knockdown so you can be in your opponent's face after activating aura. Plus your opponent can't tech roll.
Understandable, however, if we're talking optimal BnBs it seems a little misleading to not at least mention in notation or the video that a burst ending nets more damage. I'm not arguing that ending in a HKD isn't preferable most of the time but it's not the best choice all the time.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Understandable, however, if we're talking optimal BnBs it seems a little misleading to not at least mention in notation or the video that a burst ending nets more damage. I'm not arguing that ending in a HKD isn't preferable most of the time but it's not the best choice all the time.
Indeed, the Burst WITH Aura nets more damage. The normal Burst has 8%. The Aura-ed Burst has 13%. The EX Burst with Aura or not nets 12%. I found out about it, when I compared the damage's percentage there. This is why the Burst with Sub's Aura on is a good ender to net more damage.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Indeed, the Burst WITH Aura nets more damage. The normal Burst has 8%. The Aura-ed Burst has 13%. The EX Burst with Aura or not nets 12%. I found out about it, when I compared the damage's percentage there. This is why the Burst with Sub's Aura on is a good ender to net more damage.
Even so, avoid using it as an Ender unless it will clise out the round otherwise you risk getting zoned out or letting your opponent have breathing room for a comeback.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I'm addicted to swaggy combos and this video has given me a fix that's good for about 6 months.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Wow great job OP. Definitely make UB Sub look enticing to play. Here's to hoping that NRS rewards your efforts in the next balance patch.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Wow great job OP. Definitely make UB Sub look enticing to play. Here's to hoping that NRS rewards your efforts in the next balance patch.
Exactly what I'm hoping on! ;) The biggest thing is that he gains meter while blocking or opponent can't build bar from attacking him.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
I hope for the latter, since Blood God has the former and it would be fun for them to each be doing their own thing.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Exactly what I'm hoping on! ;) The biggest thing is that he gains meter while blocking or opponent can't build bar from attacking him.
Wow I did not actually know that last bit. I was really impressed by his damage. If he had a good frame trap string or a quick advancing mid this character could be really good.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Nice stuff @DarksydeDash but I wish you'd stop starting your combos with jump in punches. When I watch these videos I try to compare the combos and see how much damage I can get out of them compared to what I already do, and in a real match your combo will never start you combo with a jip. This basically destroys the practicality of the video for me.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Nice stuff @DarksydeDash but I wish you'd stop starting your combos with jump in punches. When I watch these videos I try to compare the combos and see how much damage I can get out of them compared to what I already do, and in a real match your combo will never start you combo with a jip. This basically destroys the practicality of the video for me.
Huge pet peeve of mine when people talk about combos or post videos/guides etc. Great video nonetheless.