What's new

New Optimal Sonya Corner BnB

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Great thinking, I really hope this is optimal!

I messed with this a little bit, but I embarrassingly don't know what her other 114 corner combos are =[

I think killa_solid had some really high damage one.
Its so wierd comboing off of it in the corner, a lot of times I just keep hitting 1 until they seem low enough to 112. This is not too bad, the timing is a little weird at first to get the opponent to fly into the air the right way for the kiss to hit but besides that its fine.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Another option you have is instead of ms1, you can just cancel into cartwheel since it hasn't been used yet, and then use 2 s.1 jabs and then 112 for a traditional reset. You get 31 percent which is better than before. I guess there are probably other combo enders that do not reset for more damage but I never use those personally so idk. Options people, options!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Another option you have is instead of ms1, you can just cancel into cartwheel since it hasn't been used yet, and then use 2 s.1 jabs and then 112 for a traditional reset. You get 31 percent which is better than before. I guess there are probably other combo enders that do not reset for more damage but I never use those personally so idk. Options people, options!
yeah but remember, the one into kiss dk 21 ms 1 does 26% plus gets you a guaranteed 4% off of B21 xx MS, so you would lose 1% damage overall, but like I explained earlier, for that 4% you are the one gaining meter instead of them gaining meter for taking the damage because you don't gain meter for taking chip damage.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
yeah but remember, the one into kiss dk 21 ms 1 does 26% plus gets you a guaranteed 4% off of B21 xx MS, so you would lose 1% damage overall, but like I explained earlier, for that 4% you are the one gaining meter instead of them gaining meter for taking the damage because you don't gain meter for taking chip damage.
I was more saying that somebody could use that for a max damage combo with no reset (maybe to end a round or something idk i never use non reset combos). I for one will def be using the ms1 variant. Especially as an extremely meter dependant player like myself haha.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
in the corner, i do 114 ms 3, 1, 1, 1, 314 cartwheel, 112 ms

does over 30% and isn't that hard
I have never seen that combo before in my life. I have tried using ms 3 but never tried 314. I think it still may be a good idea to go for the ms1 ender though, that meter is hard to pass up when you have a move like ex cartwheel.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I have never seen that combo before in my life. I have tried using ms 3 but never tried 314. I think it still may be a good idea to go for the ms1 ender though, that meter is hard to pass up when you have a move like ex cartwheel.
o no, I definitely go for the ms1 ender all the time. Like, if I land a dive kick or cartwheel in the corner, I always end it with ms 1

but there's times when I land 114, and that's when I go for that combo.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
o no, I definitely go for the ms1 ender all the time. Like, if I land a dive kick or cartwheel in the corner, I always end it with ms 1

but there's times when I land 114, and that's when I go for that combo.
Yeah that's why it's good that we can end in ms1 off of 114 now.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
oh it had at one point a 314 or 312 xx MS dash out into 112.
The 114 combo I do is the one khaotik posted above which does 31 %. Chef originally told me about the 114 kiss variation but I find it to be unreliable in a match simply bc for it to work you must land the first 114 while there is absolutely no space between the wall and your opponent and sonya must be right next to the opponent. This doesn't happen in a real match. With the 114ms3 variation any spacing works and the opponent could be away from the wall.

As for the one with the 314ms dash 112 it was for anytime you land cw into a kiss combo. It adds 1% more dmg than her usual one and the gravity is such that even msf1 is guaranteed.

EGP Wonder_Chef

The 114 combo I do is the one khaotik posted above which does 31 %. Chef originally told me about the 114 kiss variation but I find it to be unreliable in a match simply bc for it to work you must land the first 114 while there is absolutely no space between the wall and your opponent and sonya must be right next to the opponent. This doesn't happen in a real match. With the 114ms3 variation any spacing works and the opponent could be away from the wall.

As for the one with the 314ms dash 112 it was for anytime you land cw into a kiss combo. It adds 1% more dmg than her usual one and the gravity is such that even msf1 is guaranteed.
ah I could have sworn you had another 114 combo

Justice

Noob
This one might be old but I stumbled on it when I was experimenting last night:

114 MSB2 21xxArc Kick (7hit, 22%)

It's not huge damage but it does have the benefit of leaving you beside your opponent at D1 range.

I was also messing around a little with 114 MSB2 4xxMS. It seemed like the MS is a dead end tho so I'm not sure what's a good option. I mean, there's 1+2 for damage or F1 for the cancel or a safe Shoulder Charge, but either way, the kombo ends there. I was also messing around with 114 MSB2 Special, but Kiss is too slow (I couldn't land it. Maybe someone with better execution can) and the effed-up corner properties constantly caused Kartwheel to whiff.