What's new

Breakthrough - Ronin *NEW* Optimal Midscreen Combos

hayatei

Noob
really nice find man. i think these are the most optimal combos for 1 bar.

i suggest ending with d1 f21 shoryuken instead, it's more consistent than b11 srk and relies less on getting the highest knock up possible from blade call

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
really nice find man. i think these are the most optimal combos for 1 bar.

i suggest ending with d1 f21 shoryuken instead, it's more consistent than b11 srk and relies less on getting the highest knock up possible from blade call
The only moves I can follow up after Blade Kall and a D1 are 2, B11, and F1,2+4 in these combos and two of them don't cost any meter.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I think my issue is I'm not getting them to launch high enough after the 4, db1, db1.
I can do b21, db1, db1, d1, 21 ender consistently so I'm not getting the right juggle height overall.

hayatei

Noob
I think my issue is I'm not getting them to launch high enough after the 4, db1, db1.
I can do b21, db1, db1, d1, 21 ender consistently so I'm not getting the right juggle height overall.
your run cancel timing might be off. if not, just finish with d1 f21 df1 its the most consistent ender

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
You can run cancel sooner than you think after Ex Fist Flurry. The Kick animation from 4 should hit them between the legs; that's usually where DB1 will work twice. Getting the Ender is probably the hardest part.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
You can run cancel sooner than you think after Ex Fist Flurry. The Kick animation from 4 should hit them between the legs; that's usually where DB1 will work twice. Getting the Ender is probably the hardest part.
I wasn't runcancelling at all lol. Didn't even realize that's what was happening in the initial video. Thanks @Nexallus and @hayatei .Back to the lab.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Sidenote. I started messing around with other strings cancelled into blade drop kall.
If you do max range b11, dropkall, 21, flurry its 30% but if you meter burn rc 21, flurry again it goes up to 41%

Now here's the weird part. If you do b11 drop, and mess around with the timing of kall, sometimes it'll draw them forward for the d1 conversation, but other times it'll hit them an extra time in the air and you can do a regular 21 conversation. No idea what causes the change.

EDIT: It seems to be whenever you kall the blade, it'll change the reaction to it. So if you drop kall perfectly it has a chance of being different then drop, small delay, kall

Last edited:

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Sidenote. I started messing around with other strings cancelled into blade drop kall.
If you do max range b11, dropkall, 21, flurry its 30% but if you meter burn rc 21, flurry again it goes up to 41%

Now here's the weird part. If you do b11 drop, and mess around with the timing of kall, sometimes it'll draw them forward for the d1 conversation, but other times it'll hit them an extra time in the air and you can do a regular 21 conversation. No idea what causes the change.

EDIT: It seems to be whenever you kall the blade, it'll change the reaction to it. So if you drop kall perfectly it has a chance of being different then drop, small delay, kall
Yeah it has to do with how fast you kall the blade. This variation has some really strange properties and seems unexplored to me.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Yeah it has to do with how fast you kall the blade. This variation has some really strange properties and seems unexplored to me.
I noticed if when I tried doing the b3 dropkall combos. Not sure if all the inconsistencies are on purpose or bugs because sometimes I feel like it's a 1 frame difference of kall and you get a completely different result.

Xzyj

Noob
found some easy good damage combos in the corner(first combo is kinda hard tho), haven't seen them in the combo threads so let me know if they are already discovered (playing on PC version, there might've been changes i'm not aware of)

and the 3 uppercut combo is just for the lols, it does't really do more damage than usual metered combos, and makes your opponent escape corner

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I added some conversions to the list. I also figured out how to get more damage off of (Air) Ex BF4, and it's the same inputs as the Ex BF2 that I posted.

I honestly feel that Ronin is still unexplored and that the variation leaves much to be discovered. I feel like I find something new everyday. Now it seems like Ronin actually gets more damage than the Shirai Ryu variation.

Let me know what you think about this new guide to damage. I'm able to get all of these consistently except the NJP starter. If you need help on any of the combos, feel free to ask.

Meterless:
Combo 1: NJP, 4, Blade Drop (DB1), Blade Kall (DB1), D1, B11, Shirai Ryu Kan (DF1) - 31%
Combo 2: B112, 2, Blade Drop (DB1), Blade Kall (DB1), D1, B11, Shirai Ryu Kan (DF1) -30%

1-Bar:
Combo 3: JIP, 44, Ex BF2, RC 4, Blade Drop (DB1), Blade Kall (DB1), D1, B11, Shirai Ryu Kan!!!! (DF1) - 46%

I am also currently looking at the corner damage and I have already found something, but I'm still optimizing it.

Edit: New Ronin Meterless Conversions
These are very strange to do because you have to slightly delay Kalling the sword back when the opponent hits that one sweet spot.
you can also do NJP,44, db1f, db1,d1,df1 with is meterless 30%