What's new

Breakthrough - Ronin *NEW* Optimal Midscreen Combos

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I honestly feel that Ronin is still unexplored and that the variation leaves much to be discovered. I feel like I find something new everyday. Now it seems like Ronin actually gets more damage than the Shirai Ryu variation.

Let me know what you think about this new guide to damage. I'm able to get all of these consistently except the NJP starter. If you need help on any of the combos, feel free to ask.

Meterless:
Combo 1: NJP, 4, Blade Drop (DB1), Blade Kall (DB1), D1, B11, Shirai Ryu Kan (DF1) - 31%
Combo 2: B112, 2, Blade Drop (DB1), Blade Kall (DB1), D1, B11, Shirai Ryu Kan (DF1) -30%

1-Bar:
Combo 3: JIP, 44, Ex BF2, RC 4, Blade Drop (DB1), Blade Kall (DB1), D1, B11, Shirai Ryu Kan!!!! (DF1) - 46%

I am also currently looking at the corner damage and I have already found something, but I'm still optimizing it.

Edit: New Ronin Meterless Conversions
These are very strange to do because you have to slightly delay Kalling the sword back when the opponent hits that one sweet spot.

Last edited:

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Tremor and CSZ. I just hate mids... SO MUCH. But I ain't trying to derail your thread--there are plenty of pity parties to join elsewhere on TYM. Nice combos!
Ouch, I played CSZ for a while and the Dive kick whiff combos hurt my hands by the time I was done learning them day 1. I always wanted to try Tremor, but I never got a chance to try him out pre-patch, so I've been kind of avoiding him.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Wow. I didn't know these. Be sure to test different hurtboxes.
I just tested female and monstrous hurtboxes, and it doesn't affect the combo technically, because you can Blade Kall the lightsabers at different times to get the same launcher.

I may also make another thread dedicated to the different types of meterless Blade Kall launchers that exist, and how to setup/space Blade Drop in order to get each launcher. There are 3 different Launchers as far as I know, and then there's the one result that doesn't launch high enough for any followup such as D1.

Xzyj

Noob
Wow dude, it's amazing. Was labbing with ronin a lot lately but doing blade call mid combo was skipped in my mind, i thought gravity would be too much. thanks :O

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Wow dude, it's amazing. Was labbing with ronin a lot lately but doing blade call mid combo was skipped in my mind, i thought gravity would be too much. thanks :O
I was just labbing Ronin yesterday to try to figure out what this was: testyourmight.com/threads/see-what-has-changed-since-day-0-vanilla-mkx-stream.59604/page-4, and then I ended up finding these combos instead.

You can thank @StealthyMuffin for that, but I still have no Idea what it is. I ended up sending it to @PND_Ketchup to see if he could find anything for it.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I honestly feel that Ronin is still unexplored and that the variation leaves much to be discovered. I feel like I find something new everyday. Now it seems like Ronin actually gets more damage than the Shirai Ryu variation.

Let me know what you think about this new guide to damage. I'm able to get all of these consistently except the NJP starter. If you need help on any of the combos, feel free to ask.

Meterless:
Combo 1: NJP, 4, Blade Drop (DB1), Blade Kall (DB1), D1, B11, Shirai Ryu Kan (DF1) - 31%
Combo 2: B112, 2, Blade Drop (DB1), Blade Kall (DB1), D1, B11, Shirai Ryu Kan (DF1) -30%

1-Bar:
Combo 3: JIP, 44, Ex BF2, RC 4, Blade Drop (DB1), Blade Kall (DB1), D1, B11, Shirai Ryu Kan!!!! (DF1) - 46%

I am also currently looking at the corner damage and I have already found something, but I'm still optimizing it.
For some reason the DF1 ender isn't connecting with anyone. The pushback from the B11 is wild af. What am I missing?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Off that's a tight link for drop kall. I might just be out of practice since I've been labbing borgs since XL

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
@Jay Rupp @Harlequin969 yeah the DF1 ender can whiff if you're too slow and as of recently, the B112 starter has some problems with DB1 launching characters like Ferra/Torr. You can replace B11 DF1 with 2 DF1 or just use DF1 right after D1 if you're having too much trouble.

I think Ex Fist Flurry is the easiest to master, so try practicing with that, and let me know if you have anymore problems.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
@Jay Rupp @Harlequin969 yeah the DF1 ender can whiff if you're too slow and as of recently, the B112 starter has some problems with DB1 launching characters like Ferra/Torr. You can replace B11 DF1 with 2 DF1 or just use DF1 right after D1 if you're having too much trouble.

I think Ex Fist Flurry is the easiest to master, so try practicing with that, and let me know if you have anymore problems.
So doing for example njp, 4, exbf2, b11, df1 or njp, 4, db1, db1, exfb2, b11 df1

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot

I've been using B21xxDB1, DB1, D1, F21xxDF1 = 28% it's really consistent too. I've done it over 20 times without dropping it.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
Does Ronin take care of GM as easily as SR? I want to pick up a secondary to deal with him but don't know if Ronin, SR, or Shaojin is the best path

*Don't mean to derail thread. Sorry in advance*

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Does Ronin take care of GM as easily as SR? I want to pick up a secondary to deal with him but don't know if Ronin, SR, or Shaojin is the best path

*Don't mean to derail thread. Sorry in advance*
It's fine, but personally I would try SR first anyways if you are new to Takeda. Ronin takes a while to learn.