What's new

Tech NEW(old) smoke technology

Apock

Noob
Ok , i think i figured out something new that was not tested by everyone. New reset that returns character back to standing position. I am sure that everyone knows this but noone thought you can actually use this in game.
We can make reset using ex smoke bomb when opponent will touch the ground.

You can see here how it works, i am not sure what lose in frames does smoke have in post ex bomb block but im sure its less then in case of normal smoke bomb which has -9 frames as far as i know. You can see on the movie how opponent is blocking and when he is not, so we have 3 variations, additional 10% , reset when someone does not hold block or is returning to stending position while holding block which leads to possibility of throw or block string. DISCUSS

If somone coult test it out playing offline with someone would be great because i dont have an option to test it if you can actually catch someone in block string or throw. I wonder if smoke wont have too big disadvantage to use it effectively in fights

sorry for my english. :p

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I actually really like the idea of this...

even though smoke bomb leaves you at disadvantage, the stand up is so sudden you should have the element of surprise.

how about midscreen, like a 214 or even 112 combo ender into stand-up smoke bomb and then continued pressure? the distance of knockback into stand up might be just right to follow with b23 (can't test now, at work)

arydious

Noob
this does seem to be a very valid way to stop wake-ups at the minimum, which seems to be one fo the few things to stop smoke when he gets on a roll. Smoke is like the juggernaut once he gets started he doesn't stop.

The 112 combo ender into stand up smoke bomb is for sure within range of b2 3, this si very viable. The 214 i need to test out still.

The other great thing about this is if they do not block it does reset. So i give this a thumbs up!!!

arydious

Noob
just tested it, the 214 requires a dash to land b2 3. SO its not very viable because the opponent has time to react to your dash.

I would refrain from doing the stand reset with the 214 because then it sets the players back at nuetral i think it is much easier to do 214 teleport to be right over them and keep the onslaught going.

kandehbar

The Gryphon
This is an excellent one time gambit tech, you could use that when you to catch your opponent of guard when your trying to win the match or tournament grand finals.

But if you replace that with f4 Invis your oki pressure becomes fantastic - yes I'm a huge invisibility advocate

[MENTION=7807]arydious[/MENTION], I kinda disagree with the smokes oki options being bad, i think when smokes oki pressure is fantastic especially since he can oki from a fullscreen knockdown, its just you got to gamble which are what most okis are, a gamble but the fatal mistake that smoke players do is try to oki RIGHT ON TOP of a grounded target, IMO best position for oki is max sweep range, max d4 range and max b2 range.

arydious

Noob
i never said smoke had bad OKI options, i think they are absolutely great. I said i would refrain from the 214 standing reset because it does not leave smoke in a position to apply pressure without dashing in, You are basically at the same distance as you are when you start the match.

Being smoke has slow start ups this really leaves the gamble not in smokes favor for this situations so it would be much easier to perform 112 standing reset into b2 1 smokebomb.

Please read what i post before putting words in my mouth. I have not and never will say smoke has bad OKI pressure.

ALso I have really been testing out the INvis since you and I have had a couple of talks on here, and I still have yet to find a really good reason to use it, generally i could have done something else to secure more damage then spend time going invis.

kandehbar

The Gryphon
i never said smoke had bad OKI options, i think they are absolutely great. I said i would refrain from the 214 standing reset because it does not leave smoke in a position to apply pressure without dashing in, You are basically at the same distance as you are when you start the match.

Being smoke has slow start ups this really leaves the gamble not in smokes favor for this situations so it would be much easier to perform 112 standing reset into b2 1 smokebomb.

Please read what i post before putting words in my mouth. I have not and never will say smoke has bad OKI pressure.

ALso I have really been testing out the INvis since you and I have had a couple of talks on here, and I still have yet to find a really good reason to use it, generally i could have done something else to secure more damage then spend time going invis.
Im not putting words in your mouth your typeing letters not talking.....
I just misunderstood what you typed you dont have to get mad about it you typed:
"this does seem to be a very valid way to stop wake-ups at the minimum, which seems to be one fo the few things to stop smoke when he gets on a roll."

Well when you knock somone down you got oki options and when you said it stops him when hes on a roll i took that as he doesnt have good oki, cause imo this doesnt stop smoke when hes on a roll. I mean sorry that you got mad for what i typed i guess but you dont need to pop off for something this dumb.

But you can use invis after an air throw espesially vs someone who has a better oki option then you do like raidens teleport or even cyrax's teleport on wake up, you can catch it off a F4 specially if your being counter pressure up close, invis is just an option for when you in a bind, since they cant really make out what your doing in normal invis you have a better chance to give your self breathing room or force predictable options.

arydious

Noob
I can see where you read between and gathered that from, I was not mad just defending myself. Smoke has amazing OKI, but wake-ups can still stop it, if nto stop it they slow it down, as opposed to just preventing the wakeups so you can keep on the smoke kicking band wagon.