New MKXL Showcase Babeality Debuts Tonight at 8PM EST

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat XL' started by HellblazerHawkman, Sep 25, 2018.

By HellblazerHawkman on Sep 25, 2018 at 3:10 PM
  1. HellblazerHawkman

HellblazerHawkman Confused Thanagarian
    News Editor

[​IMG]

Tonight is the start of a new series on Stream.me, this one a MKXL showcase featuring various female players across the NRS scene. Titled Babeality, the plan is to make this a weekly event every Tuesday night moving forward.

Hosted by Siren Llumiya and Manouschka, this should be pretty cool. Personally, I can count on one hand the number of women who play NRS games, so it'll be neat to see some of the smaller names get a chance to shine. And, of course, we've got Mortal Kombat XL. If you or anybody you know is a woman who plays Mortal Kombat and you want to play during a future stream, you can send the crew an email at
    [email protected] or just message Llumiya and Manouschka on Twitter.

Looks like things will get rolling in five hours (8PM EST) over on Stream.me, and you can get that link here. Go give them some support, it's a Tuesday, I know you aren't doing anything else. See you guys then!

Coming at you with all dat news
News writer for (objectively) the best Netherrealm Studios based website. Feel free to message me if you have a news story you'd like to share
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat XL' started by HellblazerHawkman, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Charybdis
      Charybdis
      I wonder will Slayer be tuning into this...?
    2. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      Real talk, I was on the verge of listing the main fight as "TYM's Scarsunseen against Slayer's owner, Siren Infinitii"
      Eldriken likes this.
    3. Charybdis
      Charybdis
      I would've done. This is what makes you a better newsman than me
      Eldriken likes this.
    4. Eldriken
      Eldriken
      I think Scars is gonna take this free. Her Cyrax is insane.

Not trying to discredit the other players, but Scars is what's up.
      SHAOLIN likes this.
    5. Gooberking
      Gooberking
      I love watching Llumiya. She is a good streaming personality, but hasn't been doing it much these days. Be cool to see.
    6. neveradestroyer
      neveradestroyer
      I feel tricked. I thought They would update MKXL to bring babalities:(
      NothingPersonal and ThaShiveGeek like this.
    7. MKF30
      MKF30
      We need more of these chicks in NYC lol. Llumiya is cool.
    8. ChatterBox
      ChatterBox
      this has been a fantastic show so far, great matches and tech i've never seen before
    9. Obly
      Obly
      I caught a good amount of the stream and liked it. Really skillful, hype matches and good commentary. The sound quality had some issues (kind of muffled and buzzy... made it hard to hear the commentary unless I was paying close attention), but if they fix that, I'll keep watching.
    10. Jynks
      Jynks
      Cool stuff... though I am not sure why all these people do not just enter the War of the Gods and Kombat Kup and Clash.. it seems counter productive to split the player base on sex. If someone setup a male only event it would be frowned upon as well.
    11. ThaShiveGeek
      ThaShiveGeek
      Me too lmao
    12. ROG Moonspell
      ROG Moonspell
      Is MKX still streaming on War of Gods and Kombat Kup? I thought only I2 was on the table.
    13. Marlow
      Marlow
      I caught some of it, pretty cool.
    14. Marlow
      Marlow
      I think it's nice. It's a showcase, the point is to give recognition and stream time to some previously unheralded players. No need to turn this into a Male vs Female thing.
      ChatterBox likes this.
    15. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      Infinitii and Flutter do, but that's beside the point. This was set up as a way to get the unknown female NRS players a chance to show off. I wasn't joking in the initial post, before tonight I knew of literally 3 female players (Infinitii, Romanova and Scars). If you are looking for an unknown male player, just go google Injustice 2 and you'll find a bunch of videos (I know, because I have to slog through that garbage while trying to find stuff to post here)
      Marlow likes this.
    16. Braindead
      Braindead
      I'm setting up an online tournament strictly for guys who are 9/10 or hotter.

Us sexy beasts deserve to show off.

I'll call it Beastiality
    17. Sage Leviathan
      Sage Leviathan
      Any talented and undiscovered players deserve to be showcased, if they want to be. Unknown players love to prove themselves, and viewers love witnessing them rise to the top, to hold their own against the best. That's a really cool thing to see.

>"Why don't they just enter X?"
      These people have previously entered tournaments and exhibitions, actually, and offline events. And personally, I know lots of very good players who never enter online events because they're busy, or uninterested, or they really don't want their name out there, or whatever other reason.

>"Why split the player base by gender? A males-only event would be frowned upon."
      Video games are already a male-dominated hobby so badly reeking of sausage you'd think you were at a run-down Olive Garden. Every tournament might as well be a male-only event… which really sucks. This exhibition isn't splitting the player base. It's revealing another facet of it that we never get to see.
    18. Obly
      Obly
      Right on. It's just a fun way to be reminded that there are women out there who enjoy playing these games at a high-level. I don't see it as splitting the player base, actually just the opposite: It's like, hey look, these ladies enjoy the same games we do! They're one of us!! What's not to love about that?
      HellblazerHawkman and Eldriken like this.
    19. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      I'd also add that literally anybody is free to hit up Mr. Aquaman to get on The Clash
    20. kevkopdx
      kevkopdx
      Will this be uploaded to YouTube anytime soon?
      Baron Greenback likes this.
    21. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      Is 12 hours ago soon enough :DOGE?
      SHAOLIN, Baron Greenback and kevkopdx like this.
    22. kevkopdx
      kevkopdx
      Awesome, thank you!!!
    23. NothingPersonal
      NothingPersonal
      Babes...aside, its always great to see MKX hype.
    24. ROG Moonspell
      ROG Moonspell
      MKX is rising ....