What's new

NEW MK9 Input Smilies by MrSchpfmut!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Some of you may not be aware, but we have added smilies for MK9's inputs. By typing a letter combination after a colon, you'll get a direction/button smiley. So, for instance, if you want a left arrow, you type colon and a lowercase L.

Below are the smilies and their commands. There are a couple more that will be added, and these commands are subject to change.

: l = :l

: ul = :ul [UP/LEFT]
: u = :u [UP]
: ur = :ur [UP/RIGHT]
: r = :r

: dr = :dr [DOWN/RIGHT]
: d = :d [DOWN]
: dl = :dl [DOWN/LEFT]
: fp = :fp [FRONT PUNCH]
: bp = :bp [BACK PUNCH]
: fk = :fk [FRONT KICK]
: bk = :bk [BACK KICK]
: blk = :blk [BLOCK]
: tag = :tag [TAG]
: en = :en [ENHANCED/EX]
: x = :x [X-RAY]

BIG thanks to MrSchpfmut for making these!​

DrDogg

Noob
These smilies are awesome, but it would be equally awesome if the text commands were changed to something a little more standard. I honestly doubt I'll use these with their current notation.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Mr S is godlike.

but i never knew theyre was diagonals in MK.

jumping towards or away from some one i guess... easier to type :3qtr then jump towards.. idk lol

thank you Mr Kunt for making these..

only smileys i think we need for this is a EH one and i think Block might come into play for some characters combos, i know that sounds silly but some thing tells me one character might be, i just havent seen his/her actual move lists yet so who knows...

THANK YOU TO THE PERSON THAT BUNCHED THEM TOGETHER ON THE SMILEY PAGE.. I LOVE YOU FOR EVER AND EVER!!!!!!

THTB

These smilies are awesome, but it would be equally awesome if the text commands were changed to something a little more standard. I honestly doubt I'll use these with their current notation.
Which is why I said the commands are subject to change.

THTB

Just an update on the smilies!

There are 3 new ones! The commands are in the first post. :blk:tag:en

Also, the arrow commands are fixed. (Diagonals, up, and down shortened)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Thanks, the addition of the button icons are really neat. :) Will be good for guides no doubt.

REO

Undead
Great icons. All we need now is a "back" and "forward" symbol and it will be complete. I don't use the left and right arrows because then you have to state which side of the screen you are, which I find annoying.

DrDogg

Noob
Great icons. All we need now is a "back" and "forward" symbol and it will be complete. I don't use the left and right arrows because then you have to state which side of the screen you are, which I find annoying.
It's generally assumed that all commands are from the 1P side.

OOFMATIC

Noob
I kind of wish the commands for the directions were:

:4 = :l
:7 = :ul
:8 = :u
:9 = :ur
:6 = :r
:3 = :dr
:2 = :d
:1 = :dl

That way we can just use the number pad on our keyboards when inputting directions.

7 8 9
4 * 6
1 2 3

=

:ul:u:ur
:l* :r
:dl:d:dr