What's new

New midcreen oki OS

Hi everyone!

With the buff to Kollector's 443 string he now has a sick OS midscreen off of his command grab.

Basically the only character's that can wake up are:

Shao Khan (U3)
Frost (U3)
Jax (U3)
Kabal (U2 and U3)
Skarlet (U3)
Kollector (U2)

They can jump out of it but there's counterplays to that.

This was always possible but didn't lead to anything and now you get a full combo, YO FUCKING LO

@FrankOceansWaifu @MK-Noob @sprintz98 @Hebrew Negro @LawAbidingCitizen @Evil Canadian @dribirut @SixPathsOfHate @AK Harold @The Slaj Jazz @Lex Luthor II

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Very nice tech found!
The patch made kollector finally viable.
Dropped him pre patch cause the jump out strategy was so sick to deal with.
Keep on going!

Very nice tech found!
The patch made kollector finally viable.
Dropped him pre patch cause the jump out strategy was so sick to deal with.
Keep on going!
Thanks! You can still jump out of this (or most characters can, I could lab it but tbh this took long enough as it is), but as I mention, once they start doing that you start anti airing them. The guessing game is in your favor, which is kind of unusual in this game lol

Just came across this and your YT page! Definately expanded the way I think about Kollector thank you for the tech you got a sub outa me keep up the good work. I’m gonna try and work this tech into my overall game plan

Just came across this and your YT page! Definately expanded the way I think about Kollector thank you for the tech you got a sub outa me keep up the good work. I’m gonna try and work this tech into my overall game plan
Thanks! I've been using this setup quite a bit and it's super solid. Will blow up people in FT2s and opens up for dash up pressure mind games when they are scared to wake up.

Dope! I’m already seeing mad improvements in my game. You mentioned that you play spare change, is that still true? If so how to you make use of his bag bomb and vial? And if not what caused the change?

Dope! I’m already seeing mad improvements in my game. You mentioned that you play spare change, is that still true? If so how to you make use of his bag bomb and vial? And if not what caused the change?
I prefer in the pack now. More guaranteed damage and better oki. But spare change is ok. I'm posting a corner setup tomorrow

Played a little in the lab, not nearly as exhaustive as you @MsMiharo
But it appears Kollector might have the same set up with the new variation using the Chakra.
F12 amp Chakra f4 Chakra seems to be a good range for the 443 OS. Covers forward and get ups from what I can see.
Plus that's off nearly 300 unbreakable damage!

I specifically tested Frosts wake ups bc long range and it worked.

Played a little in the lab, not nearly as exhaustive as you @MsMiharo
But it appears Kollector might have the same set up with the new variation using the Chakra.
F12 amp Chakra f4 Chakra seems to be a good range for the 443 OS. Covers forward and get ups from what I can see.
Plus that's off nearly 300 unbreakable damage!

I specifically tested Frosts wake ups bc long range and it worked.
Yeah the chakram has the same KD advantage IIRC. Won't mess with it til the patch is out because I'm pretty sure they're gonna nerf it from it's current state. Atm it is faster and combos from more strings than bola, does more damage than any of his enders. It's stupid but maybe it's stupity Kollector deserves.

Yeah the chakram has the same KD advantage IIRC. Won't mess with it til the patch is out because I'm pretty sure they're gonna nerf it from it's current state. Atm it is faster and combos from more strings than bola, does more damage than any of his enders. It's stupid but maybe it's stupity Kollector deserves.
Would be a slap in the face if such a character was given nerfs, but I'm learning that's sometimes how NRS rolls in these games

Sure, but chakram is a bit too strong atm IMO. But SOMEONE HAS TO BE TOP TIER so why not Kollector
I agree it might as well be Kollector! But Stephanie already confirmed that they at least changed the KB requirement so I’m gonna assume the frame data changed as well. Remember that they made sure 443 data was not plus on block to make wat for the pop up. They also changed the frames on F3123 as well so incoming frame nerfs or combo scaling nerfs as well. It will probably retain its speed as they already harped on that attribute of the move when they first showed it.

I agree it might as well be Kollector! But Stephanie already confirmed that they at least changed the KB requirement so I’m gonna assume the frame data changed as well. Remember that they made sure 443 data was not plus on block to make wat for the pop up. They also changed the frames on F3123 as well so incoming frame nerfs or combo scaling nerfs as well. It will probably retain its speed as they already harped on that attribute of the move when they first showed it.
Where did she confirm the change in KB?

But yeah it's a bit ridiculous atm. 1 move doesn't need to outdo EVERY other special. That being said Kollector might become a totally new character because unless they slow down chakram he can now convert A LOT easier from stray hits, air-to-airs, etc. Plus his optimal won't drop in the corner vs females, his combos will be less tight (such as 443 at max range, dash up F22 bola which drops if you hit F2 too low).

I'm soooo curious what they will give him besides the chakram though? Because even if they make it two slots he still has one left. The obvious choice is relic lure but atm it has no use (less damage combo starter than chakram and doesn't restand them so less versatility).