What's new

Breakthrough - Smoke New Meaty Setup. 213, the ender that nobody talks about...

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
After playing a set with @WiseM0nkey last night, I found it frustrating that when I had him in the good ol' trusty vortex - even though I had the read and wanted to go overhead - the most I could get was B12+4 or continue pressure or stagger or something else because I had no meter.

I immediately went into the lab and was trying to find setups for when I run out of meter and want to keep the guessing game going somehow. What do I find? 213.

213 is a hard knockdown string that is +22 on hit, puts you in the perfect spacing to connect a meaty overhead or a low (or block if you think they'll wakeup) and you're out of range of wakeup throw. It also does not bad damage as an ender. Check it out:

How would I describe it? I'd probably describe it as being similar to Erron Blacks old, old, command grab. I'm definitely going to use this more.
You can also use this to setup a wakeup reversal. Which works in the corner and midscreen. Here.

What do you all think?
@Smarrgasm
@MajinBerserker
@Pan1cMode
@Name v.5.0
@Error404
@BornThroughAshes
@just_2swift
@boba_buster
@Juggs
@RiBBz22
@xSamuel
@Redux
@NeedToLearnEverySmokeMainSorryIfIForgotYou

Just trying to help,
Scott

Last edited:

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Nice. Ive been having the same problem when im out of meter and not in the corner so this is an awesome setup.

It being a hard knockdown is awesome too leaving their only option to wake up which can be easily baited at the distance you knock them down at.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
213 is great to use in block strings as well. It's a true block string that ends in overhead. 21 is +2 so it's decent for staggers. Especially with the threat of that delayed overhead.

If you smoke forward, it won't reverse inputs, but invincibility will eat the hit if the hit box doesn't hit both ways.

Good shit man!! Keep up the lab work

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
After playing a set with @WiseM0nkey last night, I found it frustrating that when I had him in the good ol' trusty vortex - even though I had the read and wanted to go overhead - the most I could get was B12+4 or continue pressure or stagger or something else because I had no meter.

I immediately went into the lab and was trying to find setups for when I run out of meter and want to keep the guessing game going somehow. What do I find? 213.

213 is a hard knockdown string that is +22 on hit, puts you in the perfect spacing to connect a meaty overhead or a low (or block if you think they'll wakeup) and you're out of range of wakeup throw. It also does not bad damage as an ender. Check it out:

How would I describe it? I'd probably describe it as being similar to Erron Blacks old, old, command grab. I'm definitely going to use this more.

What do you all think?
@Smarrgasm
@MajinBerserker
@Pan1cMode
@Name v.5.0
@Error404
@BornThroughAshes
@just_2swift
@boba_buster
@Juggs
@RiBBz22
@xSamuel
@Redux
@NeedToLearnEverySmokeMainSorryIfIForgotYou

Just trying to help,
Scott
This is needed more. Looking for solutions to problems instead of......yeah. Good work man :)

Scott The Scot

Oh also guys, if you do 213 as an ender in the corner you can neutral jump to reverse wakeups or at least avoid them. Sometimes you have to jump a fraction later some times you just have to be jumping immediately.

Like, if you do 213 to Goro in the corner you can instantly do a jump if you think he'll just punch walk. What this allows you to do is do a NJP which will get absorbed by the armour, then another NJP which will also get absorbed by the armour and theeeeen your punish. So that's your corner bnb + 14% unscaled damage.

That's basically punishing Goro's EX punchwalk for upwards of 55% for a bar. That's a supposedly safe armoured launcher. Smoke can use the super armour against him to milk that damage.

Last edited:

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
You left Cassie Bae to play HQT predator. You're a wildcard man, couldn't risk tagging you in a Smoke thread ;)

Sorry though, didn't see you post much in the Smoke forums. I'll remember for next time, haha.
You know what's funny, it was only that one tournament hat I played HQT pred and everyone though I was a pred main lmao. Currently though im (maining) Sonya and Smoke, been that way for a while

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
213 is great to use in block strings as well. It's a true block string that ends in overhead. 21 is +2 so it's decent for staggers. Especially with the threat of that delayed overhead.

If you smoke forward, it won't reverse inputs, but invincibility will eat the hit if the hit box doesn't hit both ways.

Good shit man!! Keep up the lab work
I'm pretty sure 213 has a gap to armour. 21(3)

Scott The Scot

You know what's funny, it was only that one tournament hat I played HQT pred and everyone though I was a pred main lmao. Currently though im (maining) Sonya and Smoke, been that way for a while
Your mood chooser really thows me off man lol.

Reactions: Jer