What's new

Breakthrough - Smoke New Meaty Setup. 213, the ender that nobody talks about...

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I swear to god you armoured through two times when we played a few days ago - which really took me by suprise. So i went to the lab afterwards to check the string again. Still no gap.
I have no clue what the f is going on here lol. Maybe its like laos b321 gap?
oh yeah now i remember correctly... i just went for armour cause i wanted to test the gaps and when you did 213 i got the armour.. but yeah, could be the same as b321

it was against csz so maybe it's variation specific? idk...

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
I appreciate the tag @Scott The Scot . I use this and b3d4u4 for meaty setups mid screen. Also, lately I have been going for b1 x spear after a vortex because people are starting to catch onto his options in the vortex. They never expect the overhead so it's usually free and then the mind games begin: stay in the vortex or lose 28-35% in addition to the previous combo.

Death to cyrax and cyber sub

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I appreciate the tag @Scott The Scot . I use this and b3d4u4 for meaty setups mid screen. Also, lately I have been going for b1 x spear after a vortex because people are starting to catch onto his options in the vortex. They never expect the overhead so it's usually free and then the mind games begin: stay in the vortex or lose 28-35% in addition to the previous combo.

Death to cyrax and cyber sub
You can use what you want (b3d4u4, f213, b213, 213), but this offers more hit advantage and you can do the Anti-Wakeup Setup or run up and bait out a wakeup move. I

Redux

Ex Phase
Great find and thanks for the tag. This is something I think every smoke user is going to end up using, and especially as you said when the opponent has no meter for wakeup.

Scott The Scot

Great find and thanks for the tag. This is something I think every smoke user is going to end up using, and especially as you said when the opponent has no meter for wakeup.
I believe wakeup backdash is still on the cards for the opponent but eventually the meta will be:
Eat the 50/50 of low or overhead
OR
Will he do a forward jump to punish my backdash?

Smoke seems to be the definition setplay lol.

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo
After playing a set with @WiseM0nkey last night, I found it frustrating that when I had him in the good ol' trusty vortex - even though I had the read and wanted to go overhead - the most I could get was B12+4 or continue pressure or stagger or something else because I had no meter.

I immediately went into the lab and was trying to find setups for when I run out of meter and want to keep the guessing game going somehow. What do I find? 213.

213 is a hard knockdown string that is +22 on hit, puts you in the perfect spacing to connect a meaty overhead or a low (or block if you think they'll wakeup) and you're out of range of wakeup throw. It also does not bad damage as an ender. Check it out:

How would I describe it? I'd probably describe it as being similar to Erron Blacks old, old, command grab. I'm definitely going to use this more.
You can also use this to setup a wakeup reversal. Which works in the corner and midscreen. Here.

What do you all think?
@Smarrgasm
@MajinBerserker
@Pan1cMode
@Name v.5.0
@Error404
@BornThroughAshes
@just_2swift
@boba_buster
@Juggs
@RiBBz22
@xSamuel
@Redux
@NeedToLearnEverySmokeMainSorryIfIForgotYou

Just trying to help,
Scott
I just started using this for meatys, didnt realize how good it was until you point out its advantages. Good shit keep up the good work.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
So, uh, basically instead of ending with 3 we should now end with 213?

Why does ending in 213 let B1-Smoke Bomb connect?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I have been trying to find ways to end combos with this string with CSZ in the corner, but I have to sacrifice alot of damage. I don't like it. Great midscreen ender though.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Depends on what you want to do, vortex would be 21 or 3~df3, damage would be f43~airthrow or db4. Setups would be 213 f213 b213.
Sooo... in most situations.. damage would be for finishing off the round, set ups would be if you have no meter, vortex if you have meter, sound about right?

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Sooo... in most situations.. damage would be for finishing off the round, set ups would be if you have no meter, vortex if you have meter, sound about right?
Yeah, that's a solid way to look at it. Just remember in the corner- vortex is meterless, due to B1-Smoke Bomb comboing w/out meter.
In my sets so far, I've gone vortex-first, damage- round ender. Works out fine, to me.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
^^^ I agree.
It's good damage and gives you enough hit advantage for Smoke to start moving in again, after throwing them full screen, to begin his footsie game again.

And looks dope.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Did they stealth nerf this?

Reason why I ask is I never had a problem with hitting b3 sb after it, but last night, b3 didn't connect into sb. The delayed wakeups were throwing me off too.

I was drunk tho so that could've been a problem lol

Scott The Scot

Did they stealth nerf this?

Reason why I ask is I never had a problem with hitting b3 sb after it, but last night, b3 didn't connect into sb. The delayed wakeups were throwing me off too.

I was drunk tho so that could've been a problem lol
I was playing yesterday and it was working fine lol. You just gotta make the reads if they'll delay wakeup or nah. Then you get up in there face and breath smoke all over them, teach em' what's wha.

It can be trick though.

Especially when hammered.