What's new

Tech New Lex Super Cool Tech Pls Read

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So I wasn't going to post this, but I changed my mind. The Lex community is cool so why not?

I came up with this setup that's normally character specific but can create a great guessing game or a guaranteed reset/mixup depending on what they do. I'll give three character examples to explain this - Nightwing, Killer Frost, and Green Lantern.

The basic setup is a combo (for example, 112~vacuum mb, b3, j3) into 22~mid mine.

Against most of the cast, if they don't tech roll, you can do mb f3 to reset them into the mine on their wakeup or push them into the mine. If they're not familiar with it, they'll eat the mine after blocking the f3. However, even if they DO block both, the mine is +20 on block, giving you a free 22 mixup or grab.

But of course, this all depends on the character, and whether or not they roll. So I'll give some character examples to explain this in each situation.

Killer Frost

Wakeup slide - mb f3, j3, f2~vacuum mb, ji2, b2u3d3
Nothing - mb f3, grab/b1/22 mixup
Roll - (lands on mine) dash up mixup/grab OR far mine, j3 (difficult to block)
Roll, wakeup slide - pushblock into mine OR 22d1 into mine (difficult to block) OR b13~CC into mine

Green Lantern

Wakeup lift - mb f3, f2~vacuum mb, ji2, b2u3d3
Nothing - mb f3, grab/b1/22 mixup
Roll - Far mine, dash up (this is the least in your favor with lift beating jumps, but there's still the threat of pushblock or blockstrings into the mine)
Roll, wakeup lift - trades with mid mine

Nightwing

Wakeup staff spin - pushblock into mine <--- in staff stance, you should only look for this as mb bounce gets beat by staff spin
Roll - Lands on mine, dash up mixup/grab OR far mine, j3
Roll, wakeup staff spin - pushblock into mine

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I picked up Lex two days ago because of his "LOL COVER THE FIELD IN SHIT" factor that Cyrax had.

And now you're telling me I can actually do shit with that shit? Is it my birthday?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I have to emphasize though that this is completely character dependent and not optimal for everyone. Some rolls go the slightest bit further back than others, some have slightly different hitboxes. The smallest things can change it.

I posted about it before but the d2~close mine ender in the corner can work the same way. If they have no multi-hit or teleporting wakeup they have to block both. But in that situation you don't get the block advantage of the mine.