What's new

New Kung Lao Tech Found from UsedForGlue

UsedForGlue, Irish NRS player, has found something interesting with Kung Lao and can help make him a deadly force from mid-screen and beyond. Might be a glitch, might be intended, but it's definitely something usable for anyone trying to make Kung Lao work.

It basically boils down to a projectile special he gets in his Z-Hat stance not resetting the requirement for his double divekick krushing blow. What this means is that instead of jumping around like a maniac, hoping your opponent makes a mistake so you can get the kick in, you can now play the game like normal, while having the threat of a 300 damage KB on deck. Why this works, who knows. But it working, you can check out in the video down below:

Comments

Well damn...I guess I need to consider Z Hat now. I thought that I read the Orbital Hat was better, but that was in the beginning when we were all still new to the game. I love all the stuff people have been finding lately. Thanks!

This tech is really cool, I'm excited about trying things out. Thanks UFG. I actually figured this out in the beta before Lao was available but I didn't say anything. (jk, good stuff!)

Anybody tested this with all the chars that have "twice in a row" reqs? EB F4 comes to mind... That'd be crazy if he could do the same.

Is there a list of all chars and abilities this works for yet? Sounds like Lao isn't the only one.

I laughed when he was trying to push that HE discovered this and then threw an insult to people who may have known about it earlier (but didn't say anything) and then went back to saying he discovered it.
You clearly you don't get the point, or choose not to.

Anyone that knows anything about me, knows that I share as much tech and knowledge about anything in an NRS game that I find, and ask for nothing in return. In all my time, Ive always run into people that claim they knew about something after it was known to the masses, and that means those people have done 1 of 2 things:

1. They knew about something important and told nobody (or one/two mates and said "keep it to ourselves") In doing so, did nothing for and gave nothing back to the community, while at the same time expect to come to a site like TYM to take findings that other people have been kind enough to share.

Or

2. Lied about it knowing it.

It's as simple as that. Pick one.

UsedForGlue, Irish NRS player, has found something interesting with Kung Lao and can help make him a deadly force from mid-screen and beyond. Might be a glitch, might be intended, but it's definitely something usable for anyone trying to make Kung Lao work.

View attachment 14686

It basically boils down to a projectile special he gets in his Z-Hat stance not resetting the requirement for his double divekick krushing blow. What this means is that instead of jumping around like a maniac, hoping your opponent makes a mistake so you can get the kick in, you can now play the game like normal, while having the threat of a 300 damage KB on deck. Why this works, who knows. But it working, you can check out in the video down below:

I already have it in my mind! I have added and discovered the possibility of also doing the CB teleport.

Thanks @UsedForGlue

Raiden's b2 Krushing Blow requirement is reset when you use the Smoke Bomb interactable on the Cyber Lin Kuei stage.

He can still only use it once per match, but If he's already done the first b2, and you use this interactable, then he still has to do b2 twice for it to activate.

No idea if its related to this interactable only. Just happened to come across it last week while recording. Probably already known.

EDIT - Kung lao also has one of the hardest combos in the game using the smoke bomb interactable, but i'd rather let people find it on their own instead of me spoiling it for everyone.

Last edited:
Raiden's b2 Krushing Blow requirement is reset when you use the Smoke Bomb interactable on the Cyber Lin Kuei stage.

He can still only use it once per match, but If he's already done the first b2, and you use this interactable, then he still has to do b2 twice for it to activate.

No idea if its related to this interactable only. Just happened to come across it last week while recording. Probably already known.

EDIT - Kung lao also has one of the hardest combos in the game using the smoke bomb interactable, but i'd rather let people find it on their own instead of me spoiling it for everyone.

Thanks for the data Dude!

In all the ways, great things have already been done with that bro interaction.

I leave some stuff

Ready guys!

application in real combat (Works perfect)

Last edited:
I laughed when he was trying to push that HE discovered this and then threw an insult to people who may have known about it earlier (but didn't say anything) and then went back to saying he discovered it.
1. If you knew it , you should have posted it. I don’t think ppl care bout your replays we can’t see them so therefore UFG is the finder imo.

2. It’s not even that serious nobody cares that deeply. Don’t ruin the thread with this pettiness please. Just leave it at this.