What's new

New Kung Lao Tech Found from UsedForGlue

UsedForGlue, Irish NRS player, has found something interesting with Kung Lao and can help make him a deadly force from mid-screen and beyond. Might be a glitch, might be intended, but it's definitely something usable for anyone trying to make Kung Lao work.

It basically boils down to a projectile special he gets in his Z-Hat stance not resetting the requirement for his double divekick krushing blow. What this means is that instead of jumping around like a maniac, hoping your opponent makes a mistake so you can get the kick in, you can now play the game like normal, while having the threat of a 300 damage KB on deck. Why this works, who knows. But it working, you can check out in the video down below:

Comments

This is tight!
I notice amplified z hat resets the requirement so its impossible to combo into the krushing blow
You don’t need the requirement to be there after MB Z hat, as you should only ever be amplifying it to come in with F4 or Throw, which both reset it, so it doesn’t matter.

Also, after any combo you get from the Z hat amplified, every combo will end in dive kick, and then the game starts again.

You don’t need the requirement to be there after MB Z hat, as you should only ever be amplifying it to come in with F4 or Throw, which both reset it, so it doesn’t matter.

Also, after any combo you get from the Z hat amplified, every combo will end in dive kick, and then the game starts again.
Well put. This discovery is awesome btw! Please keep labbing. I've just been dying for a way to combo into divekick KB since release. Not sure if I'll ever get to the see that elusive beast...

Happy to see Glue back on the scene. Very happy to hear him telling people lotus fist is irrelevant. Super excited I can stop jumping around and still get some damn damage off my divekick now!

BUT how the hell did you get that menu in the middle of the screen to switch the AI around!? That's also a game changer.

I am still not convinced that Laos orbiting hat variation is trash. I main Lao and I feel its really good.
It’s just my opinion. The issue is, it takes both defence and offence to leave you at -7, all because people are desperately trying to make use of his useless strings, which don’t need to be made useful.

He has generic crushing blow damage without the orbiting hat, and one of the biggest reasons, he loses controlled straight Hat, which is a mid on command, so you are left with a high projectile.

Everything about Z hat walks all over orbiting hat.

Late.

Knew this about 3 weeks ago.. i shouldve shared it but i got mutliple replays showing.. the crushing blow counter will always be active undee that unless you wiff it..
I laughed when he was trying to push that HE discovered this and then threw an insult to people who may have known about it earlier (but didn't say anything) and then went back to saying he discovered it.