What's new

new jax gameplay

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
One thing I finally noticed in this video... something they brought back from UMK3... the screen rumbling from hit impact. ;) LOVE IT!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Where did you find this :confused: ?
He can answer that but he'll have to kill you.

Sgt finds shit all over the place. I know one of his sources was the Midway forums, but they're closed now.

Regardless, I almost see this video being deleted by WB soon... or maybe not, but damn... shows a lot of gameplay.

SZSR

Noob
It looks like Jax is gonna be one of those characters who controls the Tempo of the fight if you know how to use him.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Jax looks dull to me as usual lol, definitely a grapple character as he's slower. I do find his air throw and X-ray interesting to watch lol, looks like he's tossing up a rag doll haha

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Watching this again, what has me worried is his throws being glorified combo enders. If they're blockable, then I don't really see any other use for them unless they're A)High/Low(still don't like this compared to someone like Kung Lao who can get crazy strings of high/low all day) B) Beat most jabs with either speed or just in general priority C) Absorb a hit like Goro Daimon's or fucking forbid a focus attack(which Cage looks like he already has). Other wise I can't see them being viable outside of combos which doesn't make them any different than an auto-combo move like Ibuki's worthless command grab. If that happens and if he doesn't have the average combo damage to make up for it, I think he'll end up pretty weak or just end up having to live off his projectile again.

I'm looking at you too Cyrax, if your ground CT is blockable it'll be completely worthless, since it's only incentive is to make you afraid to block. Does not look like it has any use for combo ending(not that it should be its main function anyway, give him a REAL throw), or just using it over a normal throw (3 small damage hits, no knockdown?)