What's new

New Freddy vortex tech (maybe lol)

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Hey fredheads! I was messing with Freddy in the lab yesterday and think I may have stumbled on to something kinda sweet. Any combo ending in an ex hellspike that allows you to do the dash jip midscreen, if you do f+2,1 tele forward you end up right next to them on the other side and recover first.(the hit stun on F+2,1is nuts) Now it can be jumped and armored and probably poked but so can the current vortex ending in ex hellspike tele forward. I need to test it further with another person but I think it could be another viable option for freddys vortex, making it even crazier! Check it out and tell me what you think! (And if this was known my bad not trying to steal any thunder from anybody just say so under This post and you'll get the credit, I just haven't seen this anywhere on here)

representing SVK

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
hmmm, I will have to look into it. Sounds pretty interesting. the teleport can throw off their inputs which is quite nice.

SquirtMcGirt

Well like I said I haven't really tested it too extensively, I'm gonna do that tonight with streetsweep. I just feel like it could be a viable mix up leading right back to the 50/50. And even if it's not you still def have enough time to backdash and maybe force them to make a mistake like jump or wiff punish
A poke. Like maybe backdash d+4 then dash in 50/50.
representing SVK

SquirtMcGirt

Oh and Vip3r m2dave why don't more people use ex Freddy fingers after a blocked string? It gets you a free jip which means another shot at the 50/50?

representing SVK

SquirtMcGirt

No the ex low projectile it has a stagger on hit that gives you a free jip (which can be blocked) but I'm more concerned with the free 50/50 afterwards

representing SVK

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Oh and Vip3r m2dave why don't more people use ex Freddy fingers after a blocked string? It gets you a free jip which means another shot at the 50/50?

representing SVK
There are simply no consistent set ups. And if there are, they cost meter. And in my personal opinion you cannot waste meter carelessly with Freddy because you need it for combos and EX teleport.

Also, I doubt f+2,1 xx teleport forward gives enough advantage on hit for you to do any mix ups.

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
We will test this tonight but from what I see its risky but for the chance of 40+ % damage extra its kinda worth it because of his 17 frame 50/50 your opponent has to commit to blocking low or high. And like u said this is after his bnb and the dash block dash jip ....Ima say if anything its a damn fine mixup from the old vortex ...kinda like scorpion doing a 50/50 after the teleport insted of after the jip its just another way to mindfuck people........nice find either way

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

SquirtMcGirt

There are simply no consistent set ups. And if there are, they cost meter. And in my personal opinion you cannot waste meter carelessly with Freddy because you need it for combos and EX teleport.

Also, I doubt f+2,1 xx teleport forward gives enough advantage on hit for you to do any mix ups.
Right on I see you point about the ex Freddy fingers, but the f+2,1 tele forward seems solid to me, I mean if you look at the other vortex set up it can be armored out, and with this one they have a little more time, but if they jump standing 1 or d+1 if they block 50/50 if you feel like they are gonna poke backdash. it seems pretty solid to me. I could be wrong but you definitely have time to do something it seems like. Like I said in gonna test this, and I'm not saying use this as a key strategy, just that it seems like it might be a viable mix up to score another 50/50. Maybe lol. This game is all about reads right ? Lol I just thought it seemed legit so I posted it, check it out first then crush my dreams M2Dave. Like I said I could be wrong.

representing SVK

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Right on I see you point about the ex Freddy fingers, but the f+2,1 tele forward seems solid to me, I mean if you look at the other vortex set up it can be armored out, and with this one they have a little more time, but if they jump standing 1 or d+1 if they block 50/50 if you feel like they are gonna poke backdash. it seems pretty solid to me. I could be wrong but you definitely have time to do something it seems like. Like I said in gonna test this, and I'm not saying use this as a key strategy, just that it seems like it might be a viable mix up to score another 50/50. Maybe lol. This game is all about reads right ? Lol I just thought it seemed legit so I posted it, check it out first then crush my dreams M2Dave. Like I said I could be wrong.

representing SVK
I will certainly test f+2,1 xx forward teleport for you, but I doubt this combination gives any frame advantage as the teleport has long total recovery frames. Master D. will stop by this weekend, and I will let you what we come up with.

I think a lot of Freddy players are trying too hard to find easy and effective offense. Vip3r may disagree with me, but I think every Freddy player should play a "textbook" Freddy. That is, zone and play footsies. Freddy has a large advantage from full screen away and can safely zone every character not named Smoke. There is no need to take risks. There is no need to do gimmicks. And there is usually no need to spend meter on anything but EX spike and EX teleport. I would be really surprised if Freddy had two strings that are 0 on block, not to mention +1 or better. We will see when Somberness does the frame data.

SquirtMcGirt

Cool, thanks man, the only reason I thought it might work is because f+2,1 tele forward on hit (like after the ex spike so it's definitely going to hit) if you pause during the tele and set the computer to jump and then hold up yourself you get to jump first and the cpu doesn't leave the ground until your on your way down. I may just have an unhealthy obsession with doing absurd amounts of damage however lol. Plus I wanna be cool lmao

representing SVK

Somberness

Lights
I will certainly test f+2,1 xx forward teleport for you, but I doubt this combination gives any frame advantage as the teleport has long total recovery frames. Master D. will stop by this weekend, and I will let you what we come up with.

I think a lot of Freddy players are trying too hard to find easy and effective offense. Vip3r may disagree with me, but I think every Freddy player should play a "textbook" Freddy. That is, zone and play footsies. Freddy has a large advantage from full screen away and can safely zone every character not named Smoke. There is no need to take risks. There is no need to do gimmicks. And there is usually no need to spend meter on anything but EX spike and EX teleport. I would be really surprised if Freddy had two strings that are 0 on block, not to mention +1 or better. We will see when Somberness does the frame data.
He has 4 moves that are advantage, although 3 are specials and 2 of those are obvious. I'm about done, and I can say that f2,1~teleport forward is -1 on hit.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

i disagreed w this for a long time

Ive recently been playing a lot w freddy and now completely agree

SquirtMcGirt

He has 4 moves that are advantage, although 3 are specials and 2 of those are obvious. I'm about done, and I can say that f2,1~teleport forward is -1 on hit.
I completly trust your frame data but how can I move first then? Or am I being a dummy and not doing it /seeing something right?

representing SVK

Somberness

Lights
I completly trust your frame data but how can I move first then? Or am I being a dummy and not doing it /seeing something right?

representing SVK
Dunno, but the cpu doesn't always jump at the earliest possible point. Using the numbers I have and just doing it manually, it is -1.

SquirtMcGirt

Cool beans man maybe that's the case then. Dammit I thought I was awesome for a second lol

representing SVK

SquirtMcGirt

It is minus 1. Damn CPU dummy.. .just tested it with a human . And you are the zoning master m2dave, I should have never doubted you (looks sadly at the ground) and good luck too pig. By the way did you get mk on the Vita yet?

representing SVK

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
It's a good mix up it caught me a couple times last night but it is definitely excapeable...on the other hand we tested it and I know how to get out but it still got me a few times lol so consider f21 tele a mixup tool and that's all ....its a gamble but a good one considering freddys damage output and the possible reward

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
I used it a few times yesterday in the tourney and got away with a free mix-up once. I wouldnt use it more than a couple of times, if that many.