What's new

New Freddy tech - Anti Wake up

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
There's been threads made for less but I've been experimenting with anti wake up options with Freddy and two of the most useful things I've stumbled upon turn wake ups into a guess depending on which side you choose.

F421 Tele forward. (Corner only)
and
33 Tele forward. (midscreen)

this lowers the threat of a wake up attack unless it's side neutral inputs (Raiden or KL's tele) and grants the ability to go for a free block string, 50/50 or throw.

You sacrifice about 7-10% depending on the combo you use midscreen but only sacrifice 1-2% in the corner, I would highly recommend using this constantly in the corner.

For Example: F421 EX ground spike, dash block, dash JIP 33 tele forward. 33%
F421 EX ground spike dash block, dash JIP f421 mid spike, far spike, far spike. 42%

I wouldn't recommend doing this midscreen against many MUs like Cage, Jax, Sonya, ect... but this may be the ideal ender against someone like Smoke or Sindel who you can't zone very well.

No way to record video for you visual learners but it is very similar to something xSMoKEx posted for Smoke. The difference is this works mid screen as well.

CJKRattlehead

Someone record me a video of these set-ups so storms can front page this already!

Seriously though, actual video would help me and any other visual learners out.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
thats a quite the risk to take, putting yourself in the corner with the teleport. It sounds nice for maybe a try or two, but I personally would stick to standing 4 resets, or 2,2, 1+2 xx dream drop. Ill give it a couple tries next time I get some casuals in and get back to you!

CJKRattlehead

thats a quite the risk to take, putting yourself in the corner with the teleport. It sounds nice for maybe a try or two, but I personally would stick to standing 4 resets, or 2,2, 1+2 xx dream drop. Ill give it a couple tries next time I get some casuals in and get back to you!
Actually I should have tested this further, tech rolls kinda take out the mix up, just close this thread when ever

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
The problem with standing 4 is they can jump the 50/50 and groundspike will wiff. This setup you can play it as safe or as risky as you want. Again not the best tech ever but just another way to setup a potential 50/50. you don't have to be in the corner BTW, you choose which side your on and they have to guess which side or you could bait a wake up.

I use it constantly because you don't need meter and you have safe options, just something to think about.

I've been starting to use sweep after this setup into frame traps as well, one of the few times you'll have that option.
Fair enough. If I feel the opponent is going to try and jump out of the 50/50, I either dream drop, njp, or instead do just f.4. IF you just f.4 it looks like you are going to continue the combo but you are just setting up the 50/50. also, if the opponent jumps, another f.4 will stuff it before they clear out of the corner. (American resets ftw?)