What's new

New Forum, New Thread: MK10

aj1701

Noob
Scorpion, Reptile, Raiden, Kitana X-rays all save. Some other X-Rays are safe too. I don't think it's right that you can do 36% safely on somebody, disagree w/that entirely
Kittys xray is only safe from distance; up close she can be punished. I think Raidens can to.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Kittys xray is only safe from distance; up close she can be punished. I think Raidens can to.
Raiden's x-ray is safe. I'm too lazy to go down the entire list, but the fact Raiden/Reptile are already top tier and have SAFE x-rays doesn't make sense in the slightest.

At the VERY least, the bottom tier/mid tier should have safe x-rays, not the top tier.

aj1701

Noob
meter is fine, any significant problems with meter are coming from how fast characters build it, and how worthwhile enhanced moves are

Of all the instances you could choose of where the input system goes wrong, IMO you chose the one area where it really makes sense.

is it really impossible to cancel pokes after a buffered duck without dashing? afaik, its just harder next to what SSF4 allows. I always thought this was easily the most consistent part of the buffer system because you know for sure that you require an extra button press.
When I play Kit I find that my d1~df2 ends up canceling to a fan almost everytime, sometimes without even the d1 coming out at all. Or the d1 fully recovered before the cutter comes out. Its pretty rare I actually get it to work like I want.

Raiden's x-ray is safe.
I could have sworn I punished it before.

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
I'm hoping that the finisher system is a bit different to be honest. Sure, I'd love fatalities, brutalities, babalities, and FRIENDSHIPS most of all :p (it eases the pain when you tear some one apart)

But I kind of want the custom finisher system back from MK:A, but in a much better way. As in, every character has their own large set of moves for finishers, and a lot more ways to unfold the fatality its self instead of just... ripping out different organs in whatever order. Google that flash game, Noob Saibot's Kreate a Fatality for how I think it should be.

That way fatalities don't get really stale quickly, because to be honest, that's what happens when you only have two ways to do a fatality :eek:

And I'm pretty sure that the special move inputs will stay the same for the most part. Scorpion's spear has always been back-back-punch, and SZ's freeze has always been down-forward-punch. Of course, there'll be whole new sets of normals, and surely new specials, but the one's everyone's gotten used to now will stay the same for sure

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I still don't want MK10, I'd rather have Ultimate/Super MK9 cause this game is near perfect already. I'd rather them take their time on MK10 and give us UMK9 to hold us for a while. The game is only 6 months ago, tiers are changing everyday, so much more to discover

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
How would everyone here feel about delay-able strings? Only some strings would be delay-able though.
LOL Giving deyable strings, especially to a char like JC, would be just as dumb as asking Casey Anthony to babysit your kid. Not saying your dumb, it's just that it would make offense flat out ridiculous

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
Oh right, and I'm hoping for different kinds of "ultras" this time around. X-rays were really cool, but I think this time they should just make the requirements for them more broad. I'm sure Scorpion's ultra could've been a lot cooler and less generic if it wasn't bound to the rules of an X-ray, right?

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
LOL Giving deyable strings, especially to a char like JC, would be just as dumb as asking Casey Anthony to babysit your kid. Not saying your dumb, it's just that it would make offense flat out ridiculous
I could have sworn I specified that only some strings would be delay-able.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Going past mid 30s with characters is too much IMO. Keep it in the 28-32 range. That'd be perfect. I just want ladder to be like UMK3, with endurance fights and varying ladders, but I really want MK9 with a few balance changes, new modes, and just more variety in the tower and story modes. Also, try not to make Reptile look retarded this time and tone down the titties a bit. I can't fight with those bouncing around.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I still don't want MK10, I'd rather have Ultimate/Super MK9 cause this game is near perfect already. I'd rather them take their time on MK10 and give us UMK9 to hold us for a while. The game is only 6 months ago, tiers are changing everyday, so much more to discover
This would be optimal, but I love planning ahead.

You know whatd be cool? An expansion pack. Like Oblivion-style. To encompass the Netherrealm invasion and the events of MK4/Gold (1-3 were an entire saga, as were DA-Armageddon, whereas 4 was pretty much all in one shot, 2 counting Gold) and lead into the Alliance/Deception/Blaze and Taven and Daegon angle for MK10. It wont be a new game, but a whole bunch of new additions to it. Throw in 4 or 5 of the MK4 fighters, with the rest thrown into each other's endings so everyone's accounted for, some new levels, MEAT as a new sub-boss, fix the more obvious things in need of fixing (and build a new Nekropolis so the 1st DLCs can have their fair share,) and whatever other goodies they can fit.
Kill off Kai and Jarek and use the timeline warp as an excuse. Shinnok, Tanya, Reiko, Fujin. Win.

Oh right, and I'm hoping for different kinds of "ultras" this time around. X-rays were really cool, but I think this time they should just make the requirements for them more broad. I'm sure Scorpion's ultra could've been a lot cooler and less generic if it wasn't bound to the rules of an X-ray, right?
This.

When I play Kit I find that my d1~df2 ends up canceling to a fan almost everytime, sometimes without even the d1 coming out at all. Or the d1 fully recovered before the cutter comes out. Its pretty rare I actually get it to work like I want.
oh ok I just tested it with kitana since I haven't had that issue and what I noticed was this
if you start the down-forward immediately after d1 starts you get the cutter. I was able to get this fairly consistent its just harder, but the only problem is that....

if you are at all late with releasing down and starting down-forward again it catches the "second" window which is the negative edge.

so I would say that in order to make that more intuitive/predictable for mk10 they only touch the "second window" cancel/negative edge and not the actual buffer system. I think you SHOULD have to hit down again after being crouched.
without that extra input needed it would probably cause just as many accidents as negative does itself.

And for whatever reason that doesn't apply to left/right in strings like 11b4 or b21f2 etc? You should not be able to buffer a direction throughout the string just for the third hit which requires it, etc. It shouldn't have to be inputted on the same frame...just not "anytime". However dashes should still be bufferable

I could have sworn I specified that only some strings would be delay-able.
I agree it should be considered. Its not anymore ridiculous than half of the tactics that evolved in this game since launch right?

I just want to throw out, if people are getting frustrated that we're discussing MK10. At the least, this console generation is ending soon, so what ever life span you decide to squeeze out of this console, there's going to be developers lined up to use new hardware and make new FGs for the future. This is not discrediting the fact that if MK10 doesn't come out this generation or early or mid next generation of consoles that MK9 won't be played, it'll most likely will, as long as people support it, just like UMK3. Not to mention there's been solid rumors that E3 2012 will showcase the next line up of consoles.

Early discussions are good, because you can brainstorm an idea and concepts before hand, especially since we now have an idea of what we're working with, MK9 was a gamble on what to expect. Some of the best sequels to AAA games or blockbuster movies are already pre planned even before the first one releases or soon after. Ala MK9 was in development mid production of MKvsDC. Pretty sure, it's the same strategy with MK10 or UMK9 if there is one. SFxTekken was probably planned right after AE or SSIV. So on and so forth, it's not a negative thing.

Raiman

Noob
Scorpion, Reptile, Raiden, Kitana X-rays all save. Some other X-Rays are safe too. I don't think it's right that you can do 36% safely on somebody, disagree w/that entirely

I would like to see a 4th bar personally, just for EX. I would do it as follows:

1 meter, EX
2 meter, EX
3 meter, combo breaker
4 meter, x-ray
i like the 4 bar idea too and since it seems their going to go with every character has one armor move, i think it should be like this

1 meter, EX
2 meter, breaker
3 meter, super armor EX
4 meter, Xray

i think using three bars for super armor is justified, especially now since some characters can use it with just one. like raidens ex shocker would be more damaging or more safe with bar. and to get super armor it would cost 3 bars but wouldn't be safe or more damaging, just a thought

i like the 4 bar idea too and since it seems their going to go with every character has one armor move, i think it should be like this

1 meter, EX
2 meter, breaker
3 meter, super armor EX
4 meter, Xray

i think using three bars for super armor is justified
What about being able to absorb attacks to receive gray damage? It's risky, yet good.

1 meter EX (armor included)
2 Breaker
3 EX that can absorb a hit with gray damage!
4 X-Ray

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?

1 meter, EX
2 meter, breaker
3 meter, super armor EX
4 meter, Xray
So when you would activate the armor at level 3, you would only absorb one hit, like it is now?

Repost. Just in case NRS didn't see it in the wishlist thread. :)

1. BETTER PRACTICE MODE

Dummy recording is an essential feature of modern fighting games. I hope you can include Frame Data info and have an option to make hitboxes and hittable boxes visible while training.

2. BETTER NETCODE

I don't care if you have to start over from scratch. This is absolutely crucial for the game's survival. Having a good online helps the MK community grow, makes you sell more games and makes less people drop the game.

3. 2D HITBOXES

3D hitboxes in a 2D fighter is just plain stupid. Causes too many problems, bugs and irregularities.

4. SOLID FRAME DATA

Heard frame data is affected by stance, crouching and hittable boxes. That is unacceptable. Frame data needs to make sense, be accurate, be universal and more importantly be available to players.

5. GREATLY REDUCE THE NEGATIVE EDGE WINDOW

It should be a lot smaller. It should help bad players but not punish players with good execution.

6. TRADING HITS SYSTEM

This games needs DRAW GAMES. Priority cannot be selected randomly, that is absolutely ridiculous.

7. BETTER THROW SYSTEM

One button to tech throws but make it possible to throw naked crouchers maybe? Throws being a 50/50 is a little dumb.

8. MORE FLUID MOVEMENTS AND BETTER POKES

The clunky movement of MK9 makes it nearly impossible to play proper footsies.

9. 2 X-RAYS TO CHOOSE FROM

This could add another layer of strategy.

10. MORE DIFFERENT TYPES OF PLAYSTYLES

I think Grappler is a fighting style lacking in MK.

11. MAKE MK MORE APPEALING FOR DEFENSIVE PLAYERS

MK9 is overly aggressive and punishes you for blocking too much. You constantly have to be on the move and jump around to avoid being trapped by offensive tactics. This results in fun tournaments for sure, but also makes it really annoying for people using defensive characters or playstyles.

12. BETTER DESIGN AND BALANCE OF CHARACTERS

Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile and Kabal are perfect examples of what SHOULD NOT exist in fighting games. Characters that are as good offensively as they are defensively. Characters with no bad matchups at all that have as much counters as they have mixups. That can only end up creating a too big imbalance and gap between tiers and make too many players tier whore and drop the game altogether.

13. FRIENDSHIPS AND BRUTALITIES

Don't know why you didn't include these but you gotta have them in the next one.

14. LESS CONCEPT ART IN THE KRYPT PLEASE AND MORE INTERESTING STUFF

It's really not that fun to watch thumbnails, damaged concepts and stage speedpaints. I want making of videos, comic strips and stuff like "Cooking with Scorpion". That's what should be in the krypt. Things that make you happy when you unlock them.

15. MORE CHALLENGES AND TOWERS (CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY STYLE)

You should include really HARD challenges for the hardcore players that want to really test their various skills.

16. LESS KLASSIC CRAP. MORE ORIGINAL ALTS

Let's be serious, klassic costumes are extremely barebones and really not that cool. They should have been already available on the disc. We need new and fun alts. Seriously. I want to see Baraka dressed like a dentist god dammit.

I loved Konquest mode but I think it would be better if NRS made that a separate game. A stand alone action adventure like Shaolin Monks would be cool. But for MK10, focus on the fighting game.

aj1701

Noob
oh ok I just tested it with kitana since I haven't had that issue and what I noticed was this
if you start the down-forward immediately after d1 starts you get the cutter. I was able to get this fairly consistent its just harder, but the only problem is that....

if you are at all late with releasing down and starting down-forward again it catches the "second" window which is the negative edge.
And of course add online to this mix... I'm glad you see my pain :)

Hmm, I like the idea of 2 XRays. Possibilities.

Counter or Normal

Air vs Ground

Juggleable or Non Juggleable? Lol.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
How about this...Now this probably wouldnt be practical til MK10, but still, hear me out...

3 bars for a physical, beat-the-shit-out-of-you X-Ray like we have now.
4 for an Ultimate X-Ray, which like with the Scorpion idea earlier, would focus more towards the fighter's innate abilities.
Even if it's just flashy, ridiculous mixups of their specials or something, or Scorpion having something huge and fire based, Reptile and acid, Cyrax & grenades, Sektor = rockets, Sonya = bicycle kick into the sky and slam back down, Rain drowns you, Raiden lightning storms you to death...the list goes on.
Imagine being Noob and getting to ambush someone with 100 shadows?
Baraka charging his blades up by some weird means and unleashing a huge blade beam attack?
Fuck, im gonna make a list. this idea excites me greatly. i hope it excites you, friends.
You figure instead of just throwing more armor into the mix, why not add a new dynamic entirely?

Past

Noob
I'll say this again. Breakers need to cost 3 meters. Another thing is that x-rays need to be diverse and effective so its worth 3 bars. At the moment 95 percent of them function the same way. Examples of what could be done is an install x-ray, a super mega forceball, a safe chipping x-ray, a command grab that catches people in the air, one that can a double of yourself for pressure, one that creates random ice balls that come from the air. Things like this will remove the homogeneous nature of x-rays and actually enhance their gameplay.

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
Oh and I'm also hoping for more of a reason to master characters. Like, an unlockable costume. That way I'd actually be motivated to master a lot of characters, and use them once I have them mastered. If you're not going for My Kung Fu is Stronger (I am), then there's no point in going for these masteries. At least they'd have a purpose (and a very good one) if you unlocked an alternate costume for mastering a character

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
How about this...Now this probably wouldnt be practical til MK10, but still, hear me out...

3 bars for a physical, beat-the-shit-out-of-you X-Ray like we have now.
4 for an Ultimate X-Ray, which like with the Scorpion idea earlier, would focus more towards the fighter's innate abilities.
Even if it's just flashy, ridiculous mixups of their specials or something, or Scorpion having something huge and fire based, Reptile and acid, Cyrax & grenades, Sektor = rockets, Sonya = bicycle kick into the sky and slam back down, Rain drowns you, Raiden lightning storms you to death...the list goes on.
Imagine being Noob and getting to ambush someone with 100 shadows?
Baraka charging his blades up by some weird means and unleashing a huge blade beam attack?
Fuck, im gonna make a list. this idea excites me greatly. i hope it excites you, friends.
You figure instead of just throwing more armor into the mix, why not add a new dynamic entirely?
heh, yeah, precisely