What's new

New Forum, New Thread: MK10

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I wanted to give you all a proper place to start discussing MK10 related topics. Why not? Rumor has it the team is already in heavy development with MK10... is it true? Maybe... maybe not. Regardless, MK9 marked greatness for Mortal Kombat and I only hope they continue on this path. So...

In this forum, try to think out of the box... and what I mean by that is the MK9 X-ray moves for example... what else could MK10 have that we don't already?

As always, keep it clean and civil... or else. :)

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Will movesets be the same for characters as they are in MK9?
When playing MK10, will i still be able to do b1214 with Noob, bb1 for Scorpion, etc.?

What are your [the communities] thoughts if NRS changes the movesets/keeps them the same?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Gonna tryto avoid stating the obvious and be inventive...

-Every character gets a Fatality, Brutality, and Friendship.
-Option to turn off analog sticks.
-Return of the AA to ZZ Krypt.
-Tournament Mode, with option to watch the CPU matches or skip them.
-Novice (10 matches), Intermediate (12), Champion (15), Master (18) & Ultimate (20) Ladders.
-Fancy cinematics on the throws like the game was originally supposed to have.
-If the plan is to lead to another Trilogy/Armageddon/enormous cast game, build the storyline accordingly so you dont have one guy who's purpose is understood, and 60 who're just there to get beat up.
-Keep the fighting system the way it is now - no air kombat, no weapons, etc., it's awesome as it is.
-If you can fit it in...DUAL KONQUEST MODES. Meaning: one like D.A's, an elaborate set of lessons with each character so you have a chance to experiment with everyone equally; and a game mode like Deception's: a new adventure with Shujinko and his Rogue-esque power eating powers in the new world the events of MK9 created.

I cant wait to see Havik and Chaosrealm go to war with Hotaru and Seido.
I dont care how many people hated the 3D fighting - it was a hell of a story, and now its probably getting a second turn? Amazing.

ULTIMATE WARRIOR (or someone reasonably close to his likeness) FOR DLC

aj1701

Noob
When playing MK10, will i still be able to do b1214 with Noob, bb1 for Scorpion, etc.?

What are your [the communities] thoughts if NRS changes the movesets/keeps them the same?
I've always thought it'd be nice to keep the same movesets, but in the next game just add more new, unique characters. Story mode was cool, but a little too short. Challenge tower was fun and should make a return.

The Krypt... should have more unlockable stuff that impacts game play. Alt costumes should only be available through there, otherwise you have 26 slots that could have cooler stuff.

-Every character gets a Fatality, Brutality, and Friendship.
Also Babalities, need a way to really rub the salt in :) Although I don't get brutalities, seemed rather uninspired.

Mercy would be a neat option too, but not just on the third round.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
One thing that makes sf so popular is that if you played the old games, the new ones feel like home. That means specials are the same, moves feel and look the same, and the mechanics are the same. This brings back the same players as well as ups the level of competition with each new game.

Keep it the same with a few new bells and whistles, add the other half of the cast or leave out some of the ones on this last game, more content, better balance, but don't go crazy!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

they change movesets every game...

with that said, just keep the shit on a 2D plane and in a "PROGRESSIVE" direction from MK9. :)

Oh, and KEEP the METER and X-RAYS from MK9.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
One thing that makes sf so popular is that if you played the old games, the new ones feel like home. That means specials are the same, moves feel and look the same, and the mechanics are the same. This brings back the same players as well as ups the level of competition with each new game.

Keep it the same with a few new bells and whistles, add the other half of the cast or leave out some of the ones on this last game, more content, better balance, but don't go crazy!
This. All of this. Don't make it terribly different from MK9 (and thus the earlier games for that matter) in terms of moves and styles, and DEFINITELY keep most, if not all, of the mechanics from 9. The meter, grab counter, properties of the NJP, etc, are all really welcome additions that should become a MK stable from here on in.

Honestly, if MK 10 was MK 9 - some characters (to make room for) + mk4 storyline/characters (possibly with deception or deadly alliance also, but definitely not those whole casts, a lot of those were reaching *coughkobracough*), I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. I absolutely love what they did with Kenshi, and hope they can be this delivering with the rest of the post-mk3 cast.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I kinda like this idea. Physically, it makes no sense to knock out someone raining fists down from the sky by ducking and punching.
It makes some chars just too powerful. It also makes sweeps useless. They need to maybe increase damage on sweeps

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Although I don't get brutalities, seemed rather uninspired.
I'm with ya. I'm glad they never brought brutalities back. People would just complain about them anyway because they'd all be the same... AND take LONGER than doing a fatality. It's just bad news bears all the way around.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Good, Noob needs to be a bit faster :p
And yes, i believe that this game is the only game that got the meter problem right.

I do want the old Krypt back :/ MKD nostalgia ftfw

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Honestly, they should keep the move-sets mostly the same, just with some rebalancing and perhaps different animations.

- Havik, Reiko, Fujin, Zombie Liu Kang, Drahmin, and Shinnok as playable characters, as well as other MK4, DA, and Deception characters.
- The DLC characters brought back as normal on-disc characters, sans probably Freddy.
- Bring back Motaro and make him the sub-boss, we're on a 2D plane now, there's no more excuse for why he couldn't function with four legs and just make X-Rays not be able to work on him or give the characters a Motaro-specific X-Ray that they all share. It's been fifteen damn years and I still haven't seen my favorite sub-boss in 3D glory.
- Give Shinnok two different forms, the playable version and a beefed up boss version that uses enhanced attacks as normal moves and has more moves and maybe a different more powerful X-Ray.
- Bring back Pit III and the Portal stage.
- Perhaps bring back weapons from MK4, I always found that to be a pretty neat concept. MK4 in general I believe is a bit underrated.

One thing I'm a little on the fence about is decreasing damage on combos to make X-Rays more of a viable concept, or should we just drop X-Rays in general? It kinda ruins the concept if most characters in-game can get 30% damage off of combos that only need one bar or even no bar of meter.

Oh and f*** babalities, Friendships were where it was at.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

So maybe... MK9 with "SOME" added stuff?

I think I like that. :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Laughalities. Sort of a humilation, that would rub the salt in more than babalities.
How exactly would that work though...

How about they wave in all MK characters in from the side of the screen and they all point and laugh...?

That would actually be pretty funny... lmao. Good idea! :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm with ya. I'm glad they never brought brutalities back. People would just complain about them anyway because they'd all be the same... AND take LONGER than doing a fatality. It's just bad news bears all the way around.
Brutalities were the shit... :(

I actually thought the X-ray was part of a brutality when they first released the original MK9 trailer.

I can still remember that day... I about pee'd my pants.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This. All of this. Don't make it terribly different from MK9 (and thus the earlier games for that matter) in terms of moves and styles, and DEFINITELY keep most, if not all, of the mechanics from 9. The meter, grab counter, properties of the NJP, etc, are all really welcome additions that should become a MK stable from here on in.

Honestly, if MK 10 was MK 9 - some characters (to make room for) + mk4 storyline/characters (possibly with deception or deadly alliance also, but definitely not those whole casts, a lot of those were reaching *coughkobracough*), I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. I absolutely love what they did with Kenshi, and hope they can be this delivering with the rest of the post-mk3 cast.
You didn't like Kobra? I thought him and Kira both had a perfectly good reason to exist.
They could take his flaming punch and turn it into an up/down mechanic, like flaming fist from sky or flaming Ken-ish uppercut, but with a different landing than Sektor's so it isnt blatantly similar.
And I dig too much the idea of Kabal going back to his evil roots in the next game and building his own clan, especially given how powerful a character he is.I always wondered what all those different characters were doing scattered throughout realms in MKD: Sindel obliterating all of them would about do it. Maybe there's some sort of cosmic displacement rule - energy cant be destroyed, just moved elsewhere - like if you exist in one realm and die under certain circumstances, you can be reborn in another. IIRC, even before his MK9 ending, Stryker somehow ends up in Seido and gets the Guardsman costume he had in MKA (could be wrong, think I'm right).

As far as already established fighters who've yet to appear, we have the following left (correct me if anyone's missing): Kai, Shinnok, Reiko, Jarek, Tanya, Fujin, Khameleon, Meat, Mokap, Blaze, any incarnation of Robo-Smoke, Bo Rai Cho, Li Mei, Mavado, Hsu Hao, Drahmin, Nitara, Frost, Moloch, Havik, Shujinko, Hotaru, ASHRAH, Dairou, Kobra, Darrius (MORPHEUS), Kira, Onaga, Sareena, Taven, and Daegon.

That's 31 people. Not counting if Kahn, Kintaro or Goro ever become playable, or Motaro magically returns from the dead.

No idea how the hell theyre gonna work around that many bodies.

Challenge towers for each individual character maybe? Probably not 300 for each character, but something so that each character could have a few easy challenges at first to help understand the character, then a few tough challenges for each character towards the end. The only problem with the challenge tower in MK9 was that the difficulty was kind of lopsided at times, and alot of that difficulty came from not really fully understanding each character. Someone like Sonya had tutorials as the first few challenges then later on your pretty much on your own with other characters. After all character challenge towers completed, maybe a "final" challenge tower that assumes you understand the character playstyles better.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Challenge towers for each individual character maybe? Probably not 300 for each character, but something so that each character could have a few easy challenges at first to help understand the character, then a few tough challenges for each character towards the end. The only problem with the challenge tower in MK9 was that the difficulty was kind of lopsided at times, and alot of that difficulty came from not really fully understanding each character. Someone like Sonya had tutorials as the first few challenges then later on your pretty much on your own with other characters. After all character challenge towers completed, maybe a "final" challenge tower that assumes you understand the character playstyles better.
O.O that'd be badass. They could have like a field of towers, with an ultimate one or three in the middle to unlock or buy once you finish the individuals. Like the guarded bridge in Netherrealm or the last portals in Chaosrealm, they're waiting for you, but you gotta earn the trip.
(Or shove Ermac like 600 times and pray he bumps into the guard the right way...)

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I hated all the MK4 chars minus Quan Chi and Shinnok to be honest. All stupid stories IMO.

Oh and if CSZ is actually in the game for MK10, let's not have the narrator asleep at the wheel this time

OneSexyRobot: I'm a firm believer that too many chars is a bad thing. 50+ chars would be silly IMO, it makes you not appreciate everybody