What's new

New Fighting Game ''Omen Of Sorrow''

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Looks pretty good. I love the dark atmosphere, it makes me think of people like Jack The Ripper and Dr. Jekyll/Mr.Hyde lol

Any word on what it will be released on, and when? Any story details?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Is the second character(s) supposed to be Jekyll and Hyde? If so, damn im good lol

Though with the looks of this, (plus Killer Instinct) its looking like my dream fighting game I wanted to be a part of is going to be made :/ lol I wanted to help come up with a fighting game with characters inspired by school horror movie/book characters and a few real life ones too hahaha

Is the second character(s) supposed to be Jekyll and Hyde? If so, damn im good lol

Though with the looks of this, (plus Killer Instinct) its looking like my dream fighting game I wanted to be a part of is going to be made :/ lol I wanted to help come up with a fighting game with characters inspired by school horror movie/book characters and a few real life ones too hahaha
hunchback of notre dame (bell tower etc...)

C-Sword

Noob
More info from their steam page

Features

• Master its hardcore combat mechanics; The game’s combat system is intended to be challenging, deep and fluid, based on player skill rather than stats or random chance. Timing, reflex, and pattern recognition are emphasized, yet we are striving to make it accessible to new players.
  • Compete Online; Using a netcode technique called rollback (the same used in GGPO), we’ll provide you with a near-lagless online experience.
  • Fight your friends in Local Multiplayer; Having someone in the same physical space when playing a game is a very different experience than playing with them over the internet, you know that, and so do we.
Art

We'll convey horror using a dramatic, dark and grim art style influenced by various sources; from the heavy chiaroscuro of Caravaggio and Rembrandt, to the dramatic framing of Tod Browning´s Dracula, to contemporary gore like Saw and classics such as Jan Svankmajer's shorts.

Each of the environments will have a distinct mood, but darkness will always play an important role and on each level you'll have ways to obscure your character.

Omen of Sorrow is a horror fighting game, by ex-Ace Team developers (Zeno Clash 2, Rock of Ages) , with Art by the internationally acclaimed Genzoman (Double Dragon: Neon, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Hearthstone), Music by Francisco Cerda (Jamestown, Gunpoint) and the best young talent from SCL.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I fucks with it. What kind of fighter is it? Meaning like what kinda combos? Double jumps? Air dashing? Strings? Target combos? Links? special cancels?

haketh

Noob
Yeeeesh I hope that hitstop is just placeholder because God is it way to much. Artstyle si also quite bland from what we can see so far but that's likely to change.

Is their anywhere I can view mechanics & system breakdown?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Sounds interesting. When it gets released, I'll hit it a buy.