What's new

New Ermac Combos | 40%-70% [2014] by ETC_MKNBB

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Daaaaamn 70% XRAY!

Is that the highest that's been discovered with Ermac? I feel like that's a shit ton of damage, even for him. :confused:

@AK RM Blake You seen these? Pretty hype *cough*frontpage*cough*

zaf

professor
So hype! If Ermac's D3 wasn't minus on hit I would've probably kept using him...
Its only minus on standing hit. on crouch hit its +5
However, the range on the move is ridiculous. I am sure that at it's max range, it is not -2 on standing hit but probably +0 or +1.
I've tested it a lot before, and using the old school hit and jump method of testing advantage it looks to be about +0/+1.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Very happy to see an Ermac combo video that doesn't involve tag combos. I love using those reverse uppercut combos. It just feels so good. I've been hitting jump in 1, 3,1, lift, reverse uppercut, b+3,4, force push and jump in 1, 3,1, lift, reverse uppercut, b+3, teleport punch, force push a lot lately. Kind of rough to hit online, but I get sick of the standard BnB's for Ermac. Here's to hoping he makes the MKX roster. My favorite MK character, by far.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Its only minus on standing hit. on crouch hit its +5
However, the range on the move is ridiculous. I am sure that at it's max range, it is not -2 on standing hit but probably +0 or +1.
I've tested it a lot before, and using the old school hit and jump method of testing advantage it looks to be about +0/+1.
Ok. That makes sense. I always thought people just didn't attack right away out of habit... (Since most D3's are plus on hit)

I usually space my D3's at range when pressuring with him but when you're trying to get out of pressure you sometimes have no choice.

zaf

professor
Ok. That makes sense. I always thought people just didn't attack right away out of habit... (Since most D3's are plus on hit)

I usually space my D3's at range when pressuring with him but when you're trying to get out of pressure you sometimes have no choice.
when getting out of pressure d1 is a lot better then d3.
the extra start up frame ( since d3 comes out at 7 frames and d1 at 6) means a lot. its the difference between getting out of pressure and getting hit

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
when getting out of pressure d1 is a lot better then d3.
the extra start up frame ( since d3 comes out at 7 frames and d1 at 6) means a lot. its the difference between getting out of pressure and getting hit
Not if you're from So Cal where Liu Kang, Cyrax, Kabal, and Jax full kombo punish you for that sh*t.

I learned to use D3.. Especially since with my main (Sektor) his D1 is minus on hit....

MK-NBB

My YouTubeChannel: MKNBB.tv
Daaaaamn 70% XRAY!

Is that the highest that's been discovered with Ermac? I feel like that's a shit ton of damage, even for him. :confused:

@AK RM Blake You seen these? Pretty hype *cough*frontpage*cough*
70% is the highest combo on non (Sheeva) maybe its more possible but I dont think it!

AK RM Blake I tried to write him maybe fight against him in MK9 but I dont got an answer =(

zaf

professor
Not if you're from So Cal where Liu Kang, Cyrax, Kabal, and Jax full kombo punish you for that sh*t.

I learned to use D3.. Especially since with my main (Sektor) his D1 is minus on hit....
You need to use d1 on a read to get out of pressure, when the opponent is not setting up a counter hit.
If they are setting up a counter hit, then d1~lift works.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You need to use d1 on a read to get out of pressure, when the opponent is not setting up a counter hit.
If they are setting up a counter hit, then d1~lift works.
lol... That's too yolo for me.

I only like being yolo aggressively to get in their head. Not defensively to play Russian Roulette.

zaf

professor
lol... That's too yolo for me.

I only like being yolo aggressively to get in their head. Not defensively to play Russian Roulette.
its not really yolo.
the way I see it, if they are busy going ham on you they wont always have the reactions for the d1 lift. It works for a reason.
A jax, a cage or a kabal going nuts on you wont be able to press all those buttons and be ready for the d1~lift.
IF you have breaker its even better

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
its not really yolo.
the way I see it, if they are busy going ham on you they wont always have the reactions for the d1 lift. It works for a reason.
A jax, a cage or a kabal going nuts on you wont be able to press all those buttons and be ready for the d1~lift.
IF you have breaker its even better
Well the D1~Lift doesn't kombo so they kould get hit by the D1 and then block..

I've seen it happen plenty... So it's mostly for when get expect them to block the D1 and try to punish. Which is like two reads in one...

zaf

professor
Well the D1~Lift doesn't kombo so they kould get hit by the D1 and then block..

I've seen it happen plenty... So it's mostly for when get expect them to block the D1 and try to punish. Which is like two reads in one...
yea it is like multiple reads in one, but it has to be used sparingly. people usually do not block the lift after getting hit. pressing buttons doesnt give them the reaction time to block too

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
yea it is like multiple reads in one, but it has to be used sparingly. people usually do not block the lift after getting hit. pressing buttons doesnt give them the reaction time to block too
In my experience they usually do block it.. The players I play against don't just mash in their offense.

Either way. I like being able to take risks for my offense but I don't like being forced to take risks.