What's new

New Details for Player Appreciation Week

This week is Player Appreciation Week in Mortal Kombat 11, as announced late last week. If you have no idea what that means (you shouldn't, unless you work for NRS) then have I got some news for you!

As you can see in the chart above, there's going to be stuff going on all week. Monday is giving everyone a shot at the most requested gear and skins in a rotating boss tower. Tuesday is for Brutalities, coming via those long towers with the multiple stages to get through. Wednesday and Thursday are just community outreach stuff via Discord and Twitch, so if you were looking for stuff to watch/do at those times that will be fun.

Comments

why do people even care about maskless gear that much
To me it only makes sense for Skarlet. All her masks are zero effort recolors, and she actually has few that are exactly the same as Jade's masks. And she looks gorgeous so yeah...
My Jade is also maskeless but at least she has few very nice options.

I love Skarlet’s maskless look. Great character model, and as a plus I can actually understand her intro dialogue because it doesn’t have a filter.

The small touches without the mask are great, and make you feel bad for whoever had to do the animations that seldom see the light of day. During Skarlet’s fatal blow she gets a wicked grin as she runs her knife from her opponents belly up to their sternum. It’s a great character touch that is lost with a mask.

Hi @everyone! Player Appreciation Week has kicked off! Below you'll find all the gear and skins (in order of appearance) you can grab in today's rotating tower! A new tower appears every hour!

1: Frost & Noob Saibot Frost: Mask - Metal Festishist (maskless) // Skin - True Sub-Zero Noob Saibot: Mask - Hunan // Skin – Creeping Fear

2: Jacqui & Jax Jacqui: Shield battery - Technoshunt // Skin - Causal Loop Jax: Arms - Kronika’s Chosen // Skin - Kronika’s Recruit

3: Liu Kang & Kung Lao Liu Kang: Bracers - Growling Tiger Strike // Skin - Midnight Blue Kung Lao: Hat - Wu Shu Master // Skin - Flaming Fury

4: Kitana & Jade Kitana: Mask - Poise and Power (maskless) // Skin - Kobalt Jade: Mask - Possessed by the Past (maskless) // Skin - Arcadian

5: Skarlet & Shao Kahn Skarlet: Mask - Ancient Blood Magic (maskless) // Skin - Blood Pixie Shao Kahn: Helmet: Destroyer of worlds // Skin - Kombat Charge

6: Kano & Kabal Kano: Eye Shield - kill.u.tonight // Skin - Made Man Kabal: Mask - Man of the Sand (maskless) // Skin - Working Man

7: Scorpion & Sub-Zero Scorpion: Mask - Visage of Netherrealm Wrath (maskless) // Skin - Screaming Demon Sub Zero: Mask - Vrbada’s Vapors (maskless) // Skin - Tundra

All that graphic effort for the masks down the drain. RIP but Skarlet is actually pretty af so
skarlet kinda pretty. she got some squirrel teeth action going on.
I love Skarlet’s maskless look. Great character model, and as a plus I can actually understand her intro dialogue because it doesn’t have a filter.

The small touches without the mask are great, and make you feel bad for whoever had to do the animations that seldom see the light of day. During Skarlet’s fatal blow she gets a wicked grin as she runs her knife from her opponents belly up to their sternum. It’s a great character touch that is lost with a mask.
well I mean that's what subtitles are for but I see your point. i've only ever really noticed the work done during her fatal blow.

To me it only makes sense for Skarlet. All her masks are zero effort recolors, and she actually has few that are exactly the same as Jade's masks. And she looks gorgeous so yeah...
My Jade is also maskeless but at least she has few very nice options.
jade and skarlet have some nice ass masks. some i wish the male ninjas had but jade is pretty gorgeous