What's new

New DC Trailers - WB - FanDome (Online Comic-Con type thing)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Honesty, all of these look great. The Batman looks so good, the suit looks better in motion as everyone suspected. The tone is perfect, I like that Riddler is being portrayed as a threat, because before this, SAW was the closest we have seen to an accurate portrayal of the Riddler. He's not some fucking goofball, he is terrifying. Batman looks deranged in a good way.

Both of the games look awesome. Would bet 10000000 bucks that Bruce Wayne isn't dead in Gotham Knights though but that's okay, having a playable Nightwing is all I need. The Suicide Squad game looks fun, are the Justice League being controlled by Brainiac or something?

This all looks great; I'm glad they had this event. Most excited for The Batman and the two games. My wife is super excited about WW1984 and honestly that looks pretty great too but I wish they had a home viewing option. (We aren't sure how we can see it in a theater w/ the COVID-19 situation. We both work in medical and with a lot of immune compromised patients... we feel it would be pretty ignorant and selfish of us to go hang out in a theater and then go to work. I'm hoping they have an alternative way to home view it but it looks like we're going to have to wait till the theater run is done and then buy it.)

I was hoping for a new Injustice game since I heard Boon was there. I knew the odds of that were not good but I still had a little hope. The two games they did announce look pretty sweet though.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I fully trust Gunn, Jenkins and Reeves to kick ass. WW84 looks awesome, Suicide Squad looks way better than the 2016 movie and The Batman was on point with the tone. Even Black Adam looks promising.

On the other hand, the games looked boring af

WB/DC really hit out of the park with this. I hope this becomes an annual thing and they just bypass San Diego Comic Con when that returns in favor of this. I know Marvel has been killing it with their movies but I think WB is not far behind now especially since Walter Hamada has taken over DC Films. Not to mention there is so much variety in the DC portfolio, from R rated/adult material such as the Joker film, Harley Quinn cartoon and Doom Patrol to their PG-13 main line films such as Wonder Woman 84 and The Batman. And then the embrace and exploration of the multiverse with the upcoming Flash film, incorporating multiple iterations of their characters. Add to that, their games with Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad and most certainly Injustice 3 in the near future, it is a great time to be a DC fan.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I hope the Suicide Squad game has more characters on the roster. I'm not necessarily excited to play as anyone but Deadshot, Harley too I suppose.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
New Batman looks promising. The Suicide Squad game, idk. From what I read, it has been in production for a long time, like 5 years or so? And it’s not releasing until 2022? That’s so far away, like actually. Hopefully it will be decent for how long it has been worked on. I know a lot of people are complaining about the “Superman bad” plot line. But the gameplay matters far more to me than the story anyway. As long as the story is well thought out and executed, it will be fine.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Batman beating the shit out of that guy in his trailer and Wonder Woman leg pressing a truck were pretty cool.

Do you guys think there is a chance Justice League will be good? I guess it can't be worse than the one we got.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I guess it can't be worse, but personally I don't like Snyder's approach to the material at all.
I like Man of Steel minus Pa Kent just being awful. I like Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck a lot, BvS was a very weird movie, it was a great movie mixed with a really terrible one so it felt really meh. He kind of fundamentally misunderstood the point of Superman and Batman, Man of Steel like I said though is good I think, but never gets paid off in a meaningful way so it retroactively makes the movie worse.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I like Man of Steel minus Pa Kent just being awful. I like Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck a lot, BvS was a very weird movie, it was a great movie mixed with a really terrible one so it felt really meh. He kind of fundamentally misunderstood the point of Superman and Batman, Man of Steel like I said though is good I think, but never gets paid off in a meaningful way so it retroactively makes the movie worse.
I agree about Man of Steel, I think we feel the same about it. I was expecting a sequel, but instead we got basically a Batman movie with Superman guest starring. I didn't like BvS much, it had its moments but in general it was a mess.
You're right about him misunderstanding the point of the characters. It's weird.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I agree about Man of Steel, I think we feel the same about it. I was expecting a sequel, but instead we got basically a Batman movie with Superman guest starring. I didn't like BvS much, it had its moments but in general it was a mess.
You're right about him misunderstanding the point of the characters. It's weird.
If we got a MoS sequel, a solo Batman movie that sets up why Ben Affleck's Batman is so cruel, the Wonder Woman movie being identical, THEN BvS but a better version where Batman doesn't kill and Superman isnt a miserable piece of shit, THEEEEENNNN maybe they could have pulled off a Justice League movie.

Regardless, looks like they are learning from their mistakes. Ben is even back as Batman at least one more time, if Henry was back as Superman and these guys were given the fair shot they actually deserve it would be even better.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This is.....overwhelming. All of this all at once. So much to take in.....

The Batman looks fucking awesome. Gave me chills watching it.

Suicide Squad by James Gunn is going to be dope, without question. I had no idea John Cena plays a villain in it. That's dope!

Speaking of Suicide Squad, holy shit that game is going to be sick. Rocksteaady always kills it and it looks like they've outdone themselves. Did anyone else notice that Superman in that game looks like John Cena? Dude has been busy while not wrestling.

Not sure how I feel about Black Adam. The entire trailer looked like those weird animated storyboard endings NRS uses in arcade ladder.

Gotham Knights looks great too.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Not sure how I feel about Black Adam. The entire trailer looked like those weird animated storyboard endings NRS uses in arcade ladder.
it is just a knock up anamtic so they had something to show. The Rock hosted a full panel about it. I'm still not convined he is a good fit for black adam.. I mean he always plays good guys.... so playing a genocidal maniac seems a little out of his wheel house.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I wonder who will be Hawkman and Dr. Fate? Surely they are just there to be jobbers for Black Adam, hopefully not though.

Hopefully Dr. Fate is the Kent Nelson version.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
it is just a knock up anamtic so they had something to show. The Rock hosted a full panel about it. I'm still not convined he is a good fit for black adam.. I mean he always plays good guys.... so playing a genocidal maniac seems a little out of his wheel house.
I love the Rock but he has a real tough time being anyone but the Rock in every movie he's in, so I'd definitely agree.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Luckily Black Adam is a man of few words haha.

Makes me think about Forever Evil when Ultraman absolutely bodies Black Adam and he can't talk the rest of the book because his jaw is broken.