What's new

Breakthrough - Cyber Sub-Zero New Corner setups found?

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
As I always am I was in the lab with sektor and tremor testing out what options sektor has vs Wakeups, when i stumbled across that if you do 114 to end a combo and run up jump, it reverses the Wakeup. Somthing like this was found by a smoke player but with a different string. Here's the demonstration

If ANYONE has found anything like this Tell me please!
Idk any CSZ players so I'll just tag a few people.
@OmGxBdON @Rolling_Toaster @LastKarma @God Confirm @CSZ players (If they exist) Tag more people who would like to see this in the chat.

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
Update 3: @scarsunseen Cyrax can do the same using the 114 canceled into bd3, and still have time to reverse a Wakeup. FIND MORE SETUPSSSSS :rolleyes:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Yea i've known about this, but i rarely do it. You can also do it with Cyrax's 212 and ex-saw. Works with everyone's NJKs.

After 114-db3, i usually go for a HTB reset or i NJK-F13. (NJK-F14 jails, meaning that they have to block a HTB setup AND also deal with a jail string).

omooba

fear the moobs
can you put the link of your vids in your posts. i keep seeing threads and i can't watch the video:(

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Smoke tech is ending in 213, then cancelling a run into a jump and it reverses wake ups, props to Scott

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
Smoke tech is ending in 213, then cancelling a run into a jump and it reverses wake ups, props to Scott
Yeah man saw that one, but haven't seen anything to do with b21 reversing wakeups. (Not that I've necessarily been looking for anything as I don't use him heeps)

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Does this actually reverse the input too? If so I've never understood why wakeup reversals are any good, in this game at least.

If you read their wakeup and it works they keep their bar because the wakeup never comes out and might still have a chance at blocking you're follow up if they're fast enough to react.

Whereas you can go for armor breaking or just read their wakeup and block, they lose a bar and you get a guaranteed punish.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Does this actually reverse the input too? If so I've never understood why wakeup reversals are any good, in this game at least.

If you read their wakeup and it works they keep their bar because the wakeup never comes out and might still have a chance at blocking you're follow up if they're fast enough to react.

Whereas you can go for armor breaking or just read their wakeup and block, they lose a bar and you get a guaranteed punish.
yes, it reverses their inputs

if you wake up with any button, no matter what it is, say for example you wanted to wake it with DF2 but instead got DB2, which comes out as B2, chances are you are getting whiff punished due to the oki, also, the hitbox on your move will be coming out in the opposite direction to the player

this is all for good reversal tech set-ups, i dont know how well this one works cause i havent labbed it

213 ender into run cancel neutral jump reverses inputs, and its awesome because its ambigous, if you input it a few frames slow it doesn't reverse, so it 50/50's the reversal

its not universal tech, complete trash against someone like Sektor of course, but hey its good stuff