What's new

New character reveal + first DLC character reveal on Friday at C2E2!

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Sudden Realization for me

aside from MK Gold, Noob and Smoke have been in every MK game together since their inception in Mk2

Same can be said for Jade

just a fridge thought, not an actual full out theory, but Smoke could be a hidden character this game, if not DLC

Reactions: Zev
Is it just me or does Ed look really stressed out the last two showings (c2e2 and kombat cast). Understandable as it's crunch time right now but he's usually a lot more smiley and excited. Hope it's just based on game being close to launch and not to do with games current state or anything.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Is it just me or does Ed look really stressed out the last two showings (c2e2 and kombat cast). Understandable as it's crunch time right now but he's usually a lot more smiley and excited. Hope it's just based on game being close to launch and not to do with games current state or anything.
He looked fine at the start of the stream, it's only when things started going to shit that he looked understandably displeased.

Check his face immediately after the Noob flash, he looks like he wants to punch something.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I said this earlier, but to me he always look this grumpy as if everything is falling apart tech-wise when he's surrounded by his team. In interviews alone he seems more relaxed. Maybe he's an introvert.

When they revealed Kabal he was like: "ok. here's kabal. ._."

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

What you talking about... He looks totally happy and in good humor about Noob being spoiled mid show.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Well, as much as I feel for Rain fans atm, I wouldn't hang the argument on the poll.

First of all Rain was just barely above Baraka and Kabal. And second, he was by far the least classic/integral to the franchise of the 4. So if you take a global, franchise sort of perspective to that poll, it's... not... surprising that this should be the outcome.
Well the flip side of that argument is that the second place is even more impressive if the other two choices had more prominent roles previously.

But the poll aside, sure. Rain isn't the most important character in the franchise's history. That's for certain. Yet there's a couple of things that make his absence feel unfortunate. There's the whole MKX disaster with him being a fightable NPC with a moveset but not playable. There's a picture in the menu that, at the very least, resembles him heavily. He's not in and maybe not the most popular for the vast, casual fan base, we get it. Yet it feels bad to see him sit out again after all of this.

He's been implied several times, he's been in the comics, he had a more important role in the story mode of MKX than many others, yet he never made base roster in the new gen games... It would have been nice to see him.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Plot twist, it's Takeda.
Random side note, but where is he though? :D He was never implied in any way and is obviously not in. But after his popularity in MKX, I'm still surprised that they didn't include him again when I think about it. I thought he was among the more popular newcomers for sure.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Random side note, but where is he though? :D He was never implied in any way and is obviously not in. But after his popularity in MKX, I'm still surprised that they didn't include him again when I think about it. I thought he was among the more popular newcomers for sure.
Wild baseless guess -- NRS looked at how stacked the MK11 storyline was already, and how tough it was to find space on the roster, and figured that since they couldn't do the Kenshi/Takeda/Red Dragon plot justice in any way in MK11 anyway, they'd keep them out of the spotlight (though maybe bring them in as DLC) and then bring them back in MK12 when they're ready to do that story.

Last edited: