What's new

Tech New Catwoman anti-wakeup tech??

Not sure if this is out there but I'll post anyway. Catwoman can stuff some characters wakeup attacks with her 3,3 after a 1,2,2 hard knockdown ...timing is a bit strict but once you get it down, it becomes easier.

I didn't get a chance to do this on the whole cast so if you try it, let me know what else works.
F0und it very useful against Zod, Aquaman & Superman IMO.

vs Aquamans Water Shield

By the way, if they block your 3,3, you're at +1 anyway ..or you can cancel into Cat Claws

KH StarCharger
GGA 16 Bit
Krayzie
???

Water Shield is the problem here vs Aquaman when using this. If this will not work on Water Shield, its better to do a set up that will.

Water Shield is the problem here vs Aquaman when using this. If this will not work on Water Shield, its better to do a set up that will.

This does work on water shield Tom, just tested it! Quite easily actually ..the move is too slow I guess. Btw I'm lookin forward to a runback with your AM lol

Water shield is invincible from the first frame on wake up. However, you can try to delay your attack to hit after the invincible frames but before the move is actually active. Doing that however allows other wake up options to work.

Water shield is invincible from the first frame on wake up. However, you can try to delay your attack to hit after the invincible frames but before the move is actually active. Doing that however allows other wake up options to work.

I don't know man, it feels the same to me tbh ..I feel like I have more advantage now when I knock you down

Reborn

Noob
Really cool setup! I will definitely be stealing this for some matchups. For people that end their combos with 1f2: you want to delay the 3,3 just slightly after your opponent's knees touch the ground. 5 minutes in the lab and this is really simple.

Blakexton

Shinnuk
I couldn't get this to work on Supermans low grab so i tried to find a set up that did.

Using B2 after almost any hard knockdown can really cause some havoc.
You either go over them, whiffing their wake up completely.
Stuff their wake up for a combo into B3 or cat dash MB.
Stuff their wakeup and cross over them, allowing you to combo into 1,1,2, Cat Dash whiff combo for an easy 42%.

I'm still seeing who this will work on and what wake up attacks, but it could be a good alternative to the wake ups 3,3 doesn't stuff.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
A lot of moves in this game get some invincibility on wakeup, but don't necessarily hit before their invincibility frames run out. This is not unique to Catwoman, and Batman and Aquaman are already known to be free as shit against oki. If this works on something like Deathstroke's wakeups, you could color me far more intrigued.

I couldn't get this to work on Supermans low grab so i tried to find a set up that did.

Using B2 after almost any hard knockdown can really cause some havoc.
You either go over them, whiffing their wake up completely.
Stuff their wake up for a combo into B3 or cat dash MB.
Stuff their wakeup and cross over them, allowing you to combo into 1,1,2, Cat Dash whiff combo for an easy 42%.

I'm still seeing who this will work on and what wake up attacks, but it could be a good alternative to the wake ups 3,3 doesn't stuff.

Yea it doesn't work on scoop ..if I think they'll wake up with that I'll just block & punish ...I like using 3,3 to get Superman players to stop waking up with Rising Grab because that move autocorrects to Breath if you try to do MB CatDash crossup. And B2 is nice you're right!

Black Knife

AKA Blank
A lot of moves in this game get some invincibility on wakeup, but don't necessarily hit before their invincibility frames run out. This is not unique to Catwoman, and Batman and Aquaman are already known to be free as shit against oki. If this works on something like Deathstroke's wakeups, you could color me far more intrigued.
It's super useful against a lot of wakeups, but I haven't been able to make it work on Deathstroke's. Fortunately, MB b3 works on them, so we still have a different option against flip and spin.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Great find.

I have something awesome in the works for you guys thanks to this.

I have to test it a bit more today, then I'll make a video.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
just to clarify, this can be done with any character that has a move that hits twice fast. For example, WW can stuff zod's and Aquaman's wake ups with her d12. It's almost as if some wakeups have a single hit of invisibility.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
oh also forgot to mention she can stuff wakeups with 1f2 in the corner after a 1f2. You must time it with 1 whiffing and then the overhead portion that hits twice will beat the wakeup. And since 1f2 is +.. it's essentially a pseudo standing reset against some characters

It's super useful against a lot of wakeups, but I haven't been able to make it work on Deathstroke's. Fortunately, MB b3 works on them, so we still have a different option against flip and spin.

Exactly ..I said it works on certain wakeups. I have other ways to deal with different wakeups ..I don't understand worrying about Deathstrokes wakeup attacks tho, I think they're overrated. I'm posting a video on what I do against Slade.

This is what I do against Deathstroke players to get them to stop waking up! It's soo simple ..I don't get why I haven't seen it used more often.

End your combos in 1,F2 hard knockdown ..dash & jump over them ..PUNISH. You can do this vs both the Sword Flip & Sword Spin.

I know Krayzie put up an anti-wakeup tech video on DS ..I like it but if I don't have to use meter then it would be a better choice right..

Also, GGA 16 Bit was mentioning about not liking having two different punishes for DS ..well this you can do the same thing (1,F2, dash & jump) on both wakeup attacks ..react easily & punish