What's new

New and Improved TYM

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Desktop here.

It'll take some getting used to, but overall it's fine and functional for me. However, the aesthetics could definitely need a change. A lot of grey, some weird (but kinda neat looking) fleur-de-lis background... doesn't feel like an MK site.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Don't be a drama queen. XD
There's nothing wrong with some change. Sometimes the journey towards change can be kinda rough though, but the mods and web-designers are taking our feedback into consideration and hopefully the site will end up looking cool in the end. Just remember to be respectful and constructive about it. ^^

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Premium Supporter
My biggest issue is the "all threads" needs to be more accessible since I would always just click "forums" to go to the list of threads. Now it's more than 1 click away.

And secondly, lose the saints row background. Make it all black plz. lol

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Premium Supporter
Don't be a drama queen. XD
There's nothing wrong with some change. Sometimes the journey towards change can be kinda rough though, but the mods and web-designers are taking our feedback into consideration and hopefully the site will end up looking cool in the end. Just remember to be respectful and constructive about it. ^^
There’s change, and then there’s stepping backwards. This is a huge step backwards. TYM needed Discord integration. That’s about it. This update is literal unnecessary nonsense. Whether you like it or not, it’s money wasted on an unnecessary update. Tell me how these changes will result in more users, more satisfaction from TYM users, and more money in Storm’s pockets. You can’t, because these updates make no sense. They don’t address any of the previous TYM issues. They don’t add any new features that will attract new users or benefit existing users.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
Yeah this update is awful for mobile

Can’t easily access new threads without multiple clicks

The initial ad takes up ALL the space on a page & I have to scroll way to far to get past it

Can’t see statuses

Just to many clicks needed in general to get around.

I realise this is new, so if anyone has the answers to this I'd appreciate. I can't easily find new threads anymore, they used to be right there when you hit the forums link. I guess there just needs to be some experimenting with the different buttons.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I don't get it? What is wrong with the Mobile version? Works perfectly on mine.. in fact I think it is a measured improvement. Easier to read, faster and all in all better.

Change is always unsettling... give the new site a chance before crying about it. I'm sure there will be some tweaking and teething problems... but after a while I think it will all settle down as the new normal.

I think once the "shock" of it being different people will accept it.

The worst thing @STORMS could do would be to back track or upload the old theme. IMO, he should ride out this phase instead.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Premium Supporter
It's much better now than when I created this thread. Last night, it looked and ran like 8-way-run's inbred cousin.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I realise this is new, so if anyone has the answers to this I'd appreciate. I can't easily find new threads anymore, they used to be right there when you hit the forums link. I guess there just needs to be some experimenting with the different buttons.
yeah... try "ALL THREADS" and bookmark that.