What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragon Breath New and improved ex fart corner resets, 79% for a bar, 93% for two bars!

myri

Time Warrior
First off credit to @Thefish since this was his concept that I took and perfected. (that's right what are you going to do about it mate?) But for real this was a concept he had pre-patch but was unable to utilise because of the state of Bo's backdash. Now however because of the improvements to the speed and recovery of said backdash Bo can do this. I apologise for how casual these videos are but I hope they get the point across. (Plus you get to hear my sweet sweet voice!)

Basically how these setups work is you will land a corner combo as normal into a regular fart, backdash as quickly as possible, ex fart as quickly as possible, jump in 2 as quickly as possible and you will be able to freely mix your opponent for some VERY big damage with VERY little risk to yourself. The damage numbers I wrote in the title are the ones I was able to get using b233 which is Bo's best string as far as damage and scaling is concerned, most other strings will net him slightly less of course but the damage is still insane. Anyway, hope you guys (so many Bo players!) find this useful.

To those that ally themselves against us, you will feel the wrath of the fat man.

:DOGE

omooba

fear the moobs
subzero can 1,1 iceball for fullcombo punish. lao can 1,1 hatspin for full combo punish. triborg can 1,1,1 smoke bomb for full combo punish. as long as you don't use an advancing move you can punish. still really goof though

myri

Time Warrior
subzero can 1,1 iceball for fullcombo punish. lao can 1,1 hatspin for full combo punish. triborg can 1,1,1 smoke bomb for full combo punish. as long as you don't use an advancing move you can punish. still really goof though
Yeah but after all those starters they have to move forward to where the fart cloud is to continue the combo for more than like 10%, so it would be better to go for a down 2.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
AngryFingers makin' a comeback!
Haha for real though good job. This concept has been around for a bit but you perfecting it is just beautiful and I'm sure Bartitsu and Drunken Master can basically do the same stuff.

myri

Time Warrior
Haha for real though good job. This concept has been around for a bit but you perfecting it is just beautiful and I'm sure Bartitsu and Drunken Master can basically do the same stuff.
Actually this setup is almost 100% useless for bartitsu. It's kind of okay for drunken master but I'm going to be looking for more stuff specifically for that.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Actually this setup is almost 100% useless for bartitsu. It's kind of okay for drunken master but I'm going to be looking for more stuff specifically for that.
Why would you say that? Just do F3/B3 into Low Snag and you're good to go.

myri

Time Warrior
Actually guess what, none of those work. Tested them all just now and...

Sub - 11~iceball, iceball trades with the cloud, Bo does get frozen but Sub doesn't get out of the cloud to continue his combo in time, basically a neutral reset so low risk for Bo.

Lao - 11~hat spin, 11 connects but then hat spin whiffs for whatever reason = no combo.

Smoke - 111, does actually advance, goes straight into the cloud, full combo for Bo.

Don't underestimate the hitbox on his fart cloud.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
This is super interesting, am I right in thinking this is only possible now Bo's backdash is faster?

Also, if you delay the mid from the jump in, there's a gap there right? But if you think the opponent is going to try pressing buttons can't you just do something faster into EX bump and kill them anyway?

myri

Time Warrior
This is super interesting, am I right in thinking this is only possible now Bo's backdash is faster?

Also, if you delay the mid from the jump in, there's a gap there right? But if you think the opponent is going to try pressing buttons can't you just do something faster into EX bump and kill them anyway?
You are indeed correct, @Thefish had the idea before but could only now do it thanks to those sweet sweet buffs.

edit: not sure what you mean about the delayed mid?

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
You are indeed correct, @Thefish had the idea before but could only now do it thanks to those sweet sweet buffs.

edit: not sure what you mean about the delayed mid?
delayed b2 off a JIP for the reset, at least I think that's his b2?

myri

Time Warrior
delayed b2 off a JIP for the reset, at least I think that's his b2?
Yeah, it's 24 frames so I don't think there is a gap, they can't do anything to his 26 frame overhead or 23 frame low so I don't think they can push buttons.

You can do any string into the ex bump and dump to get that combo in the second video

edit: Or any string into the db1 to mix them in the first video.

Options, options, options.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Yeah, it's 24 frames so I don't think there is a gap, they can't do anything to his 26 frame overhead or 23 frame low so I don't think they can push buttons.

You can do any string into the ex bump and dump to get that combo in the second video
That's amazing. Dragon's breath was already one of the scariest characters in the corner and now he has a 90% death reset? :eek:

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I know the idea for this has been floating around for a while but this is the first time I've seen it refined like this to cover loads of escape options. Kudos!