What's new

General/Other - Alien New Alien OH Flip Gaps

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Yesterday one of my opponents managed to mash armor through F134 and the OH flip, punishing me. I went to the lab to see if this was a consistent gap, considering the nerf to OH flip start up frames. Here are the strings/normals that I found now have gaps when cancelled into OH Flip:

F4
F1
F134

I tested the above with Mileena, Tanya, Goro, Takeda Ferra Torr, Jax, Erron Black, Lao and Alien to make sure it wasn't based on a unique hitbox. It also doesn't matter if you block crouching or standing, the gap will always be there.

I also found out that there are some ways to beat out the OH flip meterless and get a full combo:

Mileena ball roll beats 11 into OH flip
Mileena ball roll will trade with 1 into OH flip
Lao spin will beat 11 into OH flip
Lao spin will trade with 1 into OH flip
Jax with his 6 frame S1 will beat 11 into OH flip

Tl, dr; Alien now has gaps on some strings/normals cancelled into OH flip. Kinda sucks, but if your opponent is aware you can bait out armor in some situations. F13 OH Flip still is gapless so we still get that.

@Tweedy
@EVB Dragon
@any other Alien's still out there

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I don't think nerfing OH flip like this is a good idea (it's his universal tool, damn it, Konjurer doesn't deserver all the nerfs). If they make the regular version hit mid and -6 on block they can kinda eliminate some of Alien's 50/50s and still allow him to play the game

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
This also solidifies Acidic as the best Alien variation IMO. He can cancel into close Acid Spray, which does jail and is relatively safe. Tarkatan and Konjurer have to commit more after F134 and F4.

portent

Noob
Honestly, after the initial nerfs to the rekkas that added the gaps, the only change to Tarkatan that I disagree with was the removal of the ability to delay the normal rekkas. As OP as the tail flip was, I get why that had to be nerfed, so the gaps are ok. If anything, Tarkatan didn't need the old tail flip and the removal of delayed normal rekkas, since the rekkas were reactable.

I get the removal of the armor on ex spin, because now you have to choose between 2 hits of armor on ex chop which pushes away, or commit to ex spin if you guess and chance getting blown up by going for the launch.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Konjurer can cancel into drone drop which is safe. Kind of a gimmick and can always be armored through, but it's worth doing every now and then.

Also, most of Alien's strings are pretty safe if they aren't cancelled. Only f4 stands out as being really easy to punish.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
This also solidifies Acidic as the best Alien variation IMO. He can cancel into close Acid Spray, which does jail and is relatively safe. Tarkatan and Konjurer have to commit more after F134 and F4.
F134 xx Acid Blood Jails Now?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yeah gaps don't mean much anymore though. No one is gonna spend a bar to deal like 12% while taking 7% themselves.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Acid blood is the puddle, and it does not jail after f134. Acid spray is db2, the one where he shoots the acid projectile. That jails off f134 as long as it is the close version.
Yeah i know my bad read it wrong.