What's new

General/Other - Kitana New Age Kitana (10/04 Changes)

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Only spent about an hour in the lab before heading to work but if I'm not mistaken, Kitana in any variation now has a legit 50/50 from a jip. (jip xx Float xx jip or jip, b3) The second jip after float must be delayed a few frames (like 2-3 max) or else it hits mid.

Good stuff. :)

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Update

F112 DP float j1 jails
It only jails if the opponent is stand blocking. Delaying the jip to make it overhead blows up crouch blocking though.

Also, on predator it never jails. Maybe there are more characters like this?

EDIT: You can NJK to jail on crouching opponnents and mess with OS armor
It never jails on jason, too.

Last edited:

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
  • Kitana - B+2 now has 18 frames startup (down from 25). Buff
  • Kitana - increased the range on F+2. Buff
  • Kitana - 3,D4 is now -5 on block (down from -15). Buff
  • Kitana - Rising Blades can no longer be cancelled into regular air special moves on hit. Nerf
  • Kitana - Rising Fan & Rising Blades CAN be cancelled into air enhanced special moves on hit, block, or miss. Buff
  • Kitana - Throat Slice is now -16 on block (up from -30). Buff
  • Kitana - Throat Slash now has 2 hits of armor and is now -8 on block (up from -30) with increased pushback. Buff
  • Kitana - increased fan projectile damage by 1. Buff
  • Kitana - Square Boost & Square Wave now recover 25 frames faster on miss. Buff
  • Kitana - Square Wave now has 2 hits of armor. Buff
  • Kitana - After Air Float & Princess Flutter you can hold Towards to perform directional jumping attacks instead of neutral jumping attacks. Buff
  • Kitana (Royal Storm) - Air Square Boost & Air Square Wave now recover 10 frames faster on miss. Buff
  • Kitana (Royal Storm) - Air Square Wave now has 2 hits of armor. Buff
  • Kitana (Royal Storm) - 2,4 is now -1 on block (up from -11) with increased pushback. Buff
  • Kitana (Royal Storm) - Fan-Nado & Fan Vortex have increased pushback on block. Buff
  • Kitana (Assassin) - Assassin Impale now has 2 hits of armor. Buff
  • Kitana (Mournful) - Staff Smash & Eclipse Kick now has 2 hits of armor. Buff
  • Kitana (Mournful) - Increased Glaive projectile damage by 1. Buff
Made it easier to read. Translated to TYM speak.
And added Color to make balance changes pop out that need to stand out. Easier on my eyes and hope everyone else's.

Last edited:

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I support Kitanya.
All three of mine are now solid. Really happy for these kitana changes.
Well. She was always a side interest of mine and this is what I ended up choosing. Just hope Assassin is good. I've never used her yet so this'll be a fresh start.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Well. She was always a side interest of mine and this is what I ended up choosing. Just hope Assassin is good. I've never used her yet so this'll be a fresh start.
Don't give up on Tanya yet though. Pyro is very good now.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Can i get a guaranteed u2 after a mb throw? If so, use a bar, get a most of it back in guaranteed chip ^_^

This is starting to feel right now.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think I'm going to jump on the bandwagon. My Hitbox is just itching to abuse those IA fans and my inner scrub is itching to abuse that corner chip...

I love the buffs, but I think she's still going to suffer by opponents crouch blocking. I don't care if she's not top tier anyhow but still think the game is gonna be ran by charters who still have 50/50 starters.

7L

Heads up!
They gave us the damage back along with all the other stuff? Wtf.

Yet they didn't change b4 and d4. Nrs pls.