What's new

General/Other - Kitana New Age Kitana (10/04 Changes)

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
She's always been able to do that. Nothing changed about Assassin except her run
I know she could, i just mean that now because of her damage buff a situation like that in the corner is even more dangerous. Wont her bnbs likely be in the 63-65 regionish now?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I know she could, i just mean that now because of her damage buff a situation like that in the corner is even more dangerous. Wont her bnbs likely be in the 63-65 regionish now?
What damage buff?

Nothing happened. She's always been able to do damage with her sharpen active. 48% meterless midscreen. 49% meterless in the corner. 58% for a bar, 60+ in the corner.

I'm confused about your comment.

Last edited:
These changes could vault her into the Top 10 given what the other characters received. But I think some of her fan confirms from full screen may be in trouble due to the stamina changes. I hope I'm wrong though. Giving up the 1 bar DP combo for what she got today was worth it (In spite of it's usefulness, that wasn't the change she needed anyways). B2 being 18 frames now, that's the ultimate game changer.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
What damage buff?

Nothing happened. She's always been able to do damage with her sharpen active. 48% meterless midscreen. 49% meterless in the corner. 58% for a bar, 60+ in the corner.

I'm confused about your comment.
Fans got a damage buff. So I imagine by default she gets more bnb damage, especially in assassin.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Royal Storms pretty spin string being -2 is interesting. Was that string able to cancel into specials? If so that's a nice safe hit confirmable string.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Safe wakeup, armored launcher, multiple 2 hitting armor attacks, more damage on zoning, better rushdown, easier to escape

While she still hits like a truck, still has a good ground game, good frame traps, good corner carry, etc.

Everyone is about to pick her up. Ya'll know this, right ?
She now has a real mixup, higher combo damage, better mobility, (possibly) insane chip with f112 db2 into EX float looped, jailing pressure off float and the biggest thing is the nerf to running and jumps. Holy fuck this character is about to be so top tier.

She now has a real mixup, higher combo damage, better mobility, (possibly) insane chip with f112 db2 into EX float looped, jailing pressure off float and the biggest thing is the nerf to running and jumps. Holy fuck this character is about to be so top tier.
What real mixup, her OH is faster but still gets no combo from it. I'm not sure if 50/50's are toned down though?

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
What real mixup, her OH is faster but still gets no combo from it. I'm not sure if 50/50's are toned down though?
It's now like Liu's where it's basically unreactable and basically free damage. And now that she gets a jip off of float that means she can condition you to block high or eat that HKD every time. I think it's still somewhat fuzzyable off a jip but that never stopped shinnok.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Remember, throws can be a mixup even for characters with 50/50s. I can condition someone after I stagger a string to think I'm gonna throw them, but use any string after to open someone up.