What's new

New 40% Corner Combo w/114 Starter

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I'm not attacking the utility of the combo. It's reliable and high damage. I was just contributing info that since it's a JK combo, it's more space sensitive than other corner combo starters. If you don't want my opinion or information on something you post other than "cool!" (which it is), don't tag me.
I didn't ask for your opinion or to tell me the obvious, I tagged you to see it and possibly add it to your guide since it isn't in there.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I added two new variations of the combo, all ending with the same damage, basically just pick whatever one is easiest for you lol.

Oh and to put and end to the "your opponent has to be pinned to the corner for this to work" bull.....NOT TRUE
....I tested my original combo from a crossover with Kenshi's back to the corner (1 body length) and it works perfectly fine but as well as 2 body lengths from the corner, it WILL land.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
One question : is it necessary to have combos with a zoning char such a Kenshi ?
Best Kenshi is pig, and pig never go in (could say the same for m2dave with Freddy) ! He always zones, from there, I ask the question because I want my Kenshi to be at full potential.

Does Kenshi have better result staying away from the opponent no matter what ?

Btw, thanks cptexecution for showing us something new and viable.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
One question : is it necessary to have combos with a zoning char such a Kenshi ?
Best Kenshi is pig, and pig never go in (could say the same for m2dave with Freddy) ! He always zones, from there, I ask the question because I want my Kenshi be as 100% as he can.

This is 100% false that i never go in

against kit, sonya, cage you right but others.....What?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Best Kenshi is pig, and pig never go in (could say the same for m2dave with Freddy) ! He always zones, from there, I ask the question because I want my Kenshi be as 100% as he can.

Kenshi has an amazing offense but the beautiful part about it is, you have to come to him (in most MUs).

Kenshi the immovable object AND unstoppable force.

Seapeople

This one's for you
It was irrelevant to the topic and the only piece of relevant information to the topic he posted was false.
It sounded like all he was saying is that this combo is more difficult if done as a midscreen-to-wall combo...I'm not a Kenshi player so I can't say if thats true or not. Everybody on this site is just trying to play their character the best way possible, so if anybody brings up a potential flaw its nothing personal.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
This is 100% false that i never go in

against kit, sonya, cage you right but others.....What?
Sorry I have been mistaken. When you (rarely) go in it's with b2, or f3 combo, you almost never use f2 combos (biggest damages) even to punish (however you may use 1, 1, 4). But despite that you mostly use charge, even when you can free combo (maybe stress).

Against kitana, when 16bit is jumping in front of you throwing a projectile over your head, you used charge instead of db1.

I mean, compare to Blackula, you mostly try to stay as far as possible except when you are fighting weaker than you or when you can't zone because of the mu. So here was my question.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
It sounded like all he was saying is that this combo is more difficult if done as a midscreen-to-wall combo...I'm not a Kenshi player so I can't say if thats true or not. Everybody on this site is just trying to play their character the best way possible, so if anybody brings up a potential flaw its nothing personal.
I hear you but I strictly labeled this a CORNER combo and the video shows it. Sorry but his negativity wasn't needed and I won't just sit and let him.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I hear you but I strictly labeled this a CORNER combo and the video shows it. Sorry but his negativity wasn't needed and I won't just sit and let him.
Well if that's how you see it then alright...he complimented you & everything dude. Here I thought threads were meant for discussion :p

Pig Of The Hut

Sorry I have been mistaken. When you go in it's with b2, or f3 combo, you almost never use f2 combos (biggest damages) even to punish (however you may use 1, 1, 4). But despite that you mostly use charge, even when you can free combo (maybe stress).

Against kitana, when 16bit is jumping in front of you throwing a projectile over your head, you used charge instead of db1.

I mean, compare to Blackula, you mostly try to stay as far as possible except when you are fighting weaker than you. So here was my question.
Name my top 8s
Name other Kenshis top 8s

Theres a reason i do anything/all/everything I do in each of the MUs in this game.

Which out of the two of us mentioned has never lost to a Kitana? Theres a reason you NEVER AA 2 or rk AA Kitanas either on cross up or in your face

Also be on the lookout for how i now play some MUs at dallas

There is no reason to put yourself in danger or risk when you can guarantee success and victory

Pig Of The Hut

SaJa not meaning to come off harsh but the truth is this combo thread is for new use of 114 and not to criticize and say f22b1 is better.....this is for a particular string

Also You're comparison of the two kenshis is like me saying to reo "Dude why dont you AA with cross up standing 2 or dash back d1" when in fact he uses his own method that works EVERY time and the results show. If it ain't broke dont fix it

The smart players might wanna look at why/how i do things rather than "You should do this " stuff

SaJa

FH_FenriR
@Pig : yeah I'll bring that conversation to another thread ^^ Tell me where (no kenshi discution thread ?..)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Theres a reason you NEVER AA 2 or rk AA Kitanas either on cross up or in your face
Why wouldn't you aaRK a jumping Kitana? Flankster117 does it all the time to me with success. I have to throw an early air fan to avoid it and by the time my backflipping ass lands, he has recovered. Also, if I anticipate an aaRK and do the air fan but he doesn't do the aaRK, he gets to dash in and get a full anti-air combo anyways ... this matchup is lulz

Pig Of The Hut

Why wouldn't you aaRK a jumping Kitana? Flankster117 does it all the time to me with success. I have to throw an early air fan to avoid it and by the time my backflipping ass lands, he has recovered. Also, if I anticipate an aaRK and do the air fan but he doesn't do the aaRK, he gets to dash in and get a full anti-air combo anyways ... this matchup is lulz
max distance yes but ckise distance its a risk and often doesnt work and you eat 52% same goes for cross up aa

GhosT

Noob
max distance yes but ckise distance its a risk and often doesnt work and you eat 52% same goes for cross up aa
LBSH: Pig should kenshi ever i mean EVER try and standing 2 or standing 1 AA ? Because im starting to lean towards fuck that just shoulder them.