What's new

New 40% Corner Combo w/114 Starter

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Nice. Insuperable brought this to my attention a few months ago as well. Instead of JK, I use 2.

jp 114RK, 2, 3 Flurry, 114SC = 39%

While this 40% version with the JK is certainly doable, it's dependent on starting all the way in the corner, or else the JK won't hit right and the rest of the combo will fail. Whereas the standing 2 version allows you to be a little further back and dash up to hit the 2.

Also, the 2, 3 Flurry follow up works equally well after a F3 2 starter for max damage, because the JK isn't possible after that starter. So I do 2, 3 Flurry after both F3 2 RK and 114RK just for consistencies sake of not balancing too many different combos in my head.

LEGEND

YES!
Nice. Insuperable brought this to my attention a few months ago as well. Instead of JK, I use 2.

While this 40% version with the JK is certainly doable, it's dependent on starting all the way in the corner, or else the JK won't hit right and the rest of the combo will fail. Whereas the standing 2 version allows you to be a little further back and dash up to hit the 2.

Also, the 2, 3 Flurry follow up works equally well after a F3 2 starter for max damage, because the JK isn't possible after that starter. So I do 2, 3 Flurry after both F3 2 RK and 114RK just for consistencies sake of not balancing too many different combos in my head.
pretty much exactly what i was going to say.

as someone who doesn't exactly main any single character, i like to keep things simple and reliable.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro

That's the point of a corner combo no? Having the opponents back to the corner?

That's the point of putting this out there, for people to practice and see where and how it works.

I tagged you because you're a Kenshi main and figured you'd want to see it.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
That's the point of a corner combo no? Having the opponents back to the corner?

That's the point of putting this out there, for people to practice and see where and how it works.

I tagged you because you're a Kenshi main and figured you'd want to see it.
Yeah. It's good. Just saying that many bnb's, like F2 2 B1 can be launched from slightly away from the corner and still work. This particular one is more space sensitive. That was my only point. It's a fun combo though.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Yeah. It's good. Just saying that many bnb's, like F2 2 B1 can be launched from slightly away from the corner and still work. This particular one is more space sensitive. That was my only point. It's a fun combo though.
It's more than "fun" it's a good combo too. This isn't a thread about f22b1 starters it says for 114

To get into more detail, 114 is great in the corner because it can be confirmed into this combo or confirmed into an EX SC which leaves you at +7 (as you already know) and at PERFECT b2 range which you can mix in f3 instead.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
It's more than "fun" it's a good combo too. This isn't a thread about f22b1 starters it says for 114

To get into more detail, 114 is great in the corner because it can be confirmed into this combo or confirmed into an EX SC which leaves you at +7 (as you already know) and at PERFECT b2 range which you can mix in f3 instead.
I'm not attacking the utility of the combo. It's reliable and high damage. I was just contributing info that since it's a JK combo, it's more space sensitive than other corner combo starters. If you don't want my opinion or information on something you post other than "cool!" (which it is), don't tag me.