What's new

New 1/3 Scale GORO Statue coming from PopCultureShockToys

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
PopCultureShockToys' newest Mortal Kombat creation will leave you stunned... and hoping to be an owner of this beauty. They have recently posted some photos and a short video clip of perhaps their most-detailed Mortal Kombat statue yet, the "Prince of Pain", Goro!

Below, you will find several stills taken from their short video on Instagram as well as a photo that shows it's actual size while an artist inspects Goro up-close. Check it out!

The base has lights, Goro has actual cloth for clothing instead of plastic and this statue stands at roughly 3 feet tall!

You can expect this statue to cost between $600.00+ as the Scorpion (lifesize) bust to the left in the first photo retails for about $840.00. If you're interested, be sure to pay close attention to PCST's site as this pre-order is not yet available on there: https://popcultureshocktoys.com/

goro1.png goro2.png goro3.png goro4.png goro5.png goro6.png

Source: https://www.instagram.com/pcstoys/
Credit: Shoryuken

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I love statues, but I don't know how people can afford to collect them. I follow Randy Bowen's studio on Facebook, and his fans will post their collections. How the fuck does someone afford to buy every X-Men villain?! I just want Magneto (...and Apocalypse and Omega Red and Juggernat and Mr. Sinister and...).

leoj89

Noob
lol at the video screen cap.

seriously though there has to be way that we as consumers can bring the market value of these things down.
I know the artist work extremely hard on these but the cost are out of control.
I mean you can buy the game plus pc/console and still be under what these statues are priced at. It's insane.

feel like I left out that this statue is brilliant btw.

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
lol at the video screen cap.

seriously though there has to be way that we as consumers can bring the market value of these things down.
I know the artist work extremely hard on these but the cost are out of control.
I mean you can buy the game plus pc/console and still be under what these statues are priced at. It's insane.

feel like I left out that this statue is brilliant btw.
I really don't think so. In this case 1/3 Goro is like half a human. That's a lot of material, shipping concerns, paining demands, and a whole mess of stuff that I doubt I could even guess at as far as what goes into a HQ collectable (stuff like licencing, managing rarity vs meeting demand vs ability to produce, pricing too low and lots getting bought out by flippers, etc).

A lot of work goes into these things over a long period of time by a limited number of people with the skill to actually create them. There is always the option of making more and selling for less, but to do that there is a strong chance of the quality of the product taking a hit, especially in the hand paining category. Painting quality is already a problem for some of the larger run, smaller statues. For example the Batwoman Bombshell statue was pretty brutally criticized for not meeting any kind of quality bar. More items means more to paint. To do that you have to open the door to people who aren't as skilled at what they do, pressure the skilled labor to rush, or change the manufacturing process to automate processes that aren't currently automated. You don't have to spend $800 to start feeling like you are owed a quality product when you buy one. I can tell you from personal experience that buying a statue and having it not be 100% sucks and I've never dropped coin on a 1/4 or larger scale figure.

They aren't cheep, they really aren't and depending on one's disposable income it can be a tall mountain, but the buyers need to be able to get an HQ product.

Ones this size are being made a lot lately, so if you follow this stuff it feels a little like the scene has gotten more expensive, but quality of them is really high and they are really big. A shop across the street for me has a lot statues all across the scale and it makes sense in person. They have this one https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-captain-marvel-sideshow-collectibles-300454/ and I got to say $500 doesn't sound crazy seeing it IRL. It's impractical for much of anyone to have a bunch of the large scale statues, and there are lots of smaller scale statues out there that are more reasonable in both price and storage needs. The Kotobukiya PVC statues are a pretty good way to go in terms of size quality value; although they are a different experience and you have to like the anime style renditions which isn't for everyone.

Anyway, that's a heck of a wall of text for anyone that cares about the opinion of a rando.

Last edited: