What's new

Neutral or no Neutral? That is the question. Stress Test Podcast Discussion.

Which gameplay mechanic should be changed? (Two Choices)

• Total voters
I actually want custom variations in tournament play. You should be able to select the moves in the character screen and your opponent should see the moves you have with icons in stage select to prevent going in not knowing anything. It makes the meta so interesting and new stsategies can develop over time. The problem arises with counterpicking during the 1st match their could be a standoff with someone switching moves or characters. Maybe someone should make playerspla locked in prematch. People already button check and all that anyways.

Also what if scorpion glowed during the beginning of ex teleport to indicate it was an ex coming so you could react to punish accordingly. You would know at the beginning whether it was ex or not.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Weighted opinion thread as characteristic of @m2dave
I don't have an hour of my life to listen to you guys discuss this I'm afraid.

I haven't played the game yet either as well as many who vote here also haven't, so how about we don't make a poll about something most people haven't experienced themselves yet? Just my own two cents.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Super glad that it's M2D who's getting exposed as the ultimate fool of the multiverse, about fucking time. I hope Reo would step up and stop inviting that dude to the podcast, The guy has been shoveling away it's quality with his endless rants and toxicity.

Last edited:
Super glad that it's M2D who's getting exposed as the ultimate fool of the multiverse, about fucking time. I hope Reo would step up and stop inviting that dude to the podcast, The guy has been shoveling away it's quality with his endless rants and toxicity.
wow chill dude . im not a fan of him but you over reacting a bit.

Am i really? He literally shits on everyone who doesn't agree with him and calls them scrubs and fools. No wonder our community gets the worst rep in the FGC when we continue to give platform to ppl with such an obnoxious demeanor.
on the community part i couldnt agree more with you , this suck and trust me i saw toxic community im from Counter Strike and Dota and MK is up there.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I have been a part of this community for almost two decades. I was here before you and I will be here after you. You, on the other hand, are part of a mob that consists of about 30 to 40 members, perhaps 50 members at most, who mercilessly attack me no matter what I say on podcasts. Nonetheless, unlike Sonic Fox who needs Twitter for a safe space, I welcome all the feedback and criticism.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
  1. Breakaway ~ undecided you guys had a good discussion on it.
  2. Dashing ~ maybe sped up just a tad
  3. Fatal Blows ~ should not Regen after a miss in a round. could you imagine tekken 7 rage art coming back in a round after a miss :confused:
  4. Flawless Block ~ shouldnt work if block is tapped multiple times
  5. Krushing Blow ~ i liked it.
Kustomization should be allowed in tournament play. treat it like a button check, make it so the players have 1 min to kustomize. would be nice if we can swap in and out specials on the vs screen.
it didnt seem over powered like Injustices gear. if its not possible to kustomize on the select screen, then you have only one chance to kustomize your character/s before you fight your foe.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I have been a part of this community for almost two decades. I was here before you and I will be here after you. You, on the other hand, are part of a mob that consists of about 30 to 40 members, perhaps 50 members at most, who mercilessly attack me no matter what I say on podcasts. Nonetheless, unlike Sonic Fox who needs Twitter for a safe space, I welcome all the feedback and criticism.
I think his feedback was you act like an abrasive asshole too much and need to tone it down. Maybe if you did that less that 30 to 40, perhaps 50 members of the secret cabal against you would go down in number.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
And you have a position in the community that could actually be used for some good. "Community Engineer"? Where is the TYM esports team? Where is the TYM version of War of the Gods? Where are the readable and up to date character forums? If not you what community engineer can we give our ideas to that will see them through?

I made my critiques on the game in multiple twitter posts, a private message to an NRS emplyee and in discussions with my friends in the community.

Why do you never make "see look at this professional post" for anyone else that makes them? Your bias is very clear throughout the community. If you measure your validity by tym likes on a post then you have no idea how the internet works.

When you draw attention to sonic fox in a way that says he is the example we all need to follow, you are choosing to allow his positives cancel out his negatives. I created an entire off line community that found players like forever king and had over 150 people attempted monthly while pay players to travel to events. Like every top player I have had my dramatic moments (cowboy, pig, m2dave, 16 bit et cetera et cetera). Yet you choose who gets a pass and who doesn't?

I was watching sonic fox's stream. As he was playing semij there was another african american in the call/group calling other people he was playing [ban incoming]s and N words and homos yet sonic doesn't bat an eye. Since when does being a professional allow you to pick and choose what you have to be professional about ? Especially in this day an age.

but ill say this part again bc you talk about influence and i think yours should start with my first paragraph.
Crimson isn't the only person in the community, and he's certainly not some taste-maker who can decide who has influence and who doesn't. People's perceptions aren't carefully quantified and calculated such that positives can cleanly cancel out negatives. Everyone makes their own opinions and you and Dave are just toxic to deal with, which is a shame because you often can bring up good points. Would be nice to actually have a discussion about things rationally for once without disqualifying peoples opinions for whatever reason you feel like, or cherry picking comments.

Last edited:
Toxic shmoxic, y'all a bunch of lil babies. What's the base root of this fruitless power struggle on this fairly insignificant website. What are our subconscious underlying motives, I suggest we all take a look in the mirror and introspect.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I have been a part of this community for almost two decades. I was here before you and I will be here after you.
Those are Brady's words, If you consider yourself on par with a veteran like him then fucking act like it.

You, on the other hand, are part of a mob that consists of about 30 to 40 members, perhaps 50 members at most, who mercilessly attack me no matter what I say on podcasts. Nonetheless, unlike Sonic Fox who needs Twitter for a safe space, I welcome all the feedback and criticism.
I've literally spoke your name like 3 times and that was as to comment on your toxic abrasive behaviour. But like every self-opinionated egocentric brick who ever walked the earth, you think that there are those imaginary groups of ppl out to get you at no fault of your own. Well if you haven't alienated 90% of the community as "scrubs" and "fools" perhaps you would've been treated with the respect you think you deserve as a veteran instead of being btfo'd everytime you post in here.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Toxic shmoxic, y'all a bunch of lil babies. What's the base root of this fruitless power struggle on this fairly insignificant website. What are our subconscious underlying motives, I suggest we all take a look in the mirror and introspect.
Sir, introspection is a toxic process unto itself. The self can not transgress against the self, only faceless internet heathens such as M2Dave have bearing on the negative (toxic) aspects one experiences in their day to day lives.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
You didnt answer my previous question though...Are we avoiding?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
So is there an excel with the number of tourneys and their location or specific events that I have to win to not be considered a scrub?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Maybe some of you need to get out of your collective bubbles.

That said, I do agree on the gameplay changes suggested...for what it's worth.

Escaping combos SEEMS a bit too easy atm. I hope that's adjusted. Everything else...I think we need to see how it plays out.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
What is your question?
On page 2 in regards to what Crimson wrote

"You and P2W showed up in the thread and attacked his lifestyle, sexual preferences, personal tweets and a bunch of other stuff that has nothing to do with Mortal Kombat, fighting games, or MK11. Notice that neither one of you actually referenced the point of the post, which was a straightforward discussion of the game mechanics. That’s the kind of tangential toxicity that makes everyone look bad."

What did you say exactly?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
On page 2 in regards to what Crimson wrote

"You and P2W showed up in the thread and attacked his lifestyle, sexual preferences, personal tweets and a bunch of other stuff that has nothing to do with Mortal Kombat, fighting games, or MK11. Notice that neither one of you actually referenced the point of the post, which was a straightforward discussion of the game mechanics. That’s the kind of tangential toxicity that makes everyone look bad."

What did you say exactly?
I posted this and this and nominated Crimson Shadow as the "Fool of the Week" on the podcast. Predictably, he pulled out the "homophobe card" and accused me of attacking Sonic Fox's sexual orientation, which I could not careless about. In the past, I have criticized Sonic Fox on various occasions. The criticism is exclusive to fighting games, gameplay, and lack of professionalism on Twitter.

Last edited: