What's new

Netherkast ep. 120: Sindel DLC

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
One point they brought up that I have to agree with is how it seems NRS has contempt for its fans. I felt this way the most during Kombat Kast where Kitana got her huge buffs. When showing that Kitana has combos from air fans again, 16bit says while mimicking Kitana players "Where are her combos? She's supposed to be the combo queen. That's something that we made up and declared"

Did you not make a whole, cringy ass video about how much of a Kitana stan you are?

Fuck outta here.

These guys are ruthlessly negative. Seems like every podcast they hate the series more, and play it less.

"Nobody hates Mortal Kombat more than Mortal Kombat fans" That shit is too true lol
Was listening to this on the way to work and locked it off after 15 minutes. They whinged about MKX, are whinging about MK11, and after some initial hype for if 12 is announced, will be doing more of the same, I'm sure :rolleyes:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
One point they brought up that I have to agree with is how it seems NRS has contempt for its fans. I felt this way the most during Kombat Kast where Kitana got her huge buffs. When showing that Kitana has combos from air fans again, 16bit says while mimicking Kitana players "Where are her combos? She's supposed to be the combo queen. That's something that we made up and declared"

Did you not make a whole, cringy ass video about how much of a Kitana stan you are?

Fuck outta here.
Exactly. She’s only been the air combo queen since MK2, but sure, we “made it up.”

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I agree with most of the things they're saying... but that bit about "Edenian fans are not Mortal Kombat fans" is not it.
I know where they were maybe going with that, but as someone who's been a fan of MK since the first game and also favours the Edenians over most of the other characters, that honestly stung a bit. But I can put myself apart from the people they were actually referring to.

All in all, these guys are fans of the old timeline MK, so when NRS chooses to make altercations and retcons for no real reason, I fully understand their disdain towards it.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
The Netherkast podcasts were hit or miss for me...
when B. Cyborg was there to moderate and keep a more balance outlook (even if it didnt aligned w/ his own views), the podcast was much more enjoyable to listen to.
I understand their love of the older MK games, but perhaps Mortal Kombat has out grown their personal memories of the games. They really complain about every aspect of the game, and i question why torture themselves if the new direction that NRS is taking MK, disgusts them to such a degree. They are extremely knowledgeable on lore (which i appreciate), and clearly passionate about MK but the constant negatively drowns out any interest in me listening to the podcast. There has been numerous occasions that RazorEdge? (the lore guy) has overtalked and brow beaten his co host w/ his opinions, and the other host not even getting the chance to talk or have their voices heard. Cyborg seemed to be the one to keep the show on track and moderate host so that everyone could be heard but w/ him MIA- its more of a free for all. They harp on and complain about subjects that hasnt or wont change episode after episode ie. Mileena fans(calling them the gay tumblr kids that arent true MK fans and only like Edenians) or Fujin not being in the game or Sindel's lore or Jacqui being in the game or LeiMei being an NPC or Ninja sharing colors or ......the list goes on and on.
No Thanks- i'll pass
at one time, i wouldnt miss any of the episodes.