What's new

Question - Possessed Need some tips on Possessed!

Oonaugh

You. Are. Disposable.
Hello there,

I've just picked up Kenshi and have been experimenting with Possessed. I enjoy it a lot, and have learned loads about him. Decent zoning, Amazing gimmicks, and has tremendous mixups, which I really love about Possessed, but some of his specials are unsafe(particularly his db4), you could easily be punished with a fast hitting string, such as Leatherface's f12.

Pig Of The Hut and Tweedy have incredible Possessed Kenshis and watched some of their online sets versus other great players. I'm just looking for tips for starting out with Possessed such as pros and cons, tech, and matchups.

I've read some of the guides here, but its not quite what I'm looking for.

Tweedy

Noob
Just mix up blockstrings into either low demon, overhead demon or teleport. Keep in mind when teleporting, that NJP has a much bigger hitbox, so if someone tries to low profile you with something like Ermac's D4, you can blow it up with that.

Use D2 to anti air on reaction. I know it's only 14%, but unless you NJP or something on a read, it's the best way to anti air a lot of the dumber jump ins.

Use EX overhead slice a lot. When going up against other wake ups that are safe or plus, you can break their's by doing standing 1 or any button into EX overhead slice as oki. There's no risk since you'll be plus 5 anyways.

Practice confirming and punishing with meterless launching strings like 44, 114, F214 and 3223.

Oonaugh

You. Are. Disposable.
Just mix up blockstrings into either low demon, overhead demon or teleport. Keep in mind when teleporting, that NJP has a much bigger hitbox, so if someone tries to low profile you with something like Ermac's D4, you can blow it up with that.

Use D2 to anti air on reaction. I know it's only 14%, but unless you NJP or something on a read, it's the best way to anti air a lot of the dumber jump ins.

Use EX overhead slice a lot. When going up against other wake ups that are safe or plus, you can break their's by doing standing 1 or any button into EX overhead slice as oki. There's no risk since you'll be plus 5 anyways.

Practice confirming and punishing with meterless launching strings like 44, 114, F214 and 3223.
Thanks so much Tweedy, this will really help!
Btw saw that koth set with you fighting Sonicfox, you nailed it :O

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
D4 into a 50/50, 421 xx teleport , ex broke armored special move, walk back b1 bcuz space god,and spam d1 after specials. Do those and you are set

Pro Tip : don't backdash. Ever

:DOGE

What do you use to punish things

Tweedy

Noob
If you come in with sarcastic posts because you're mad that i'm winning at least be correct.

421 teleport is nothing. 42 is the heavily plus one.

D4 into 50/50s? The low is 25 frames and can be jumped out of for a full combo.

The fact that people think this character is top tier and stupid, is a compliment to me.

Reactions: GAV

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Did you say DB4 is unsafe? Only Reptiles Ex slide can punish it. Also you can use Kenshi's D1 as an anti air. Very underrated normal

Wigy

There it is...
If you come in with sarcastic posts because you're mad that i'm winning at least be correct.

The fact that people think this character is top tier and stupid, is a compliment to me.
I have to admire that you find time between posting about how you're great to turning every post that isnt about you into you complimenting yourself.

In all serious congrats on top 8 tho

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Hey @Tweedy I wanna know how the Possessed vs. Reptile mu is. Pig's chart shows that it was 3-7 (for reptile) before patch. But how is it with the current one?

Oonaugh

You. Are. Disposable.

So will 42xxdb2 be better than using 421? I saw a tech video around here explaining how certain characters can backdash out of the range of your NJP after teleporting.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

Some people, specially players using Kenshi for a long time, were able to identify that this variation is easily top 10-15 (not stupid) due to general game changes, just two days after last patch release, before you picked him, probably for this exact same reason.

How the variation is or comments regarding it are not necessarily pointed towards you. Surpring though it may be, you are not the center of the world, man xD

You seemed not to care about using good characters in the past, it's strange.
Humor is a part of tym that enriches it, same as human comunication. If you can't put up with it, it's easy to avoid it just not entering here.

Last edited: