What's new

Question - Hollywood Need some online combo's!

Nate

Mutant Rebel
Hey all, I'm looking to get back into playing Cassie again, and I really need to take her back into the lab, but before I do, I need to mention I'm pretty much just an online warrior, so my combo's need to be less about optimization, and more about consistency. What I'm after here are the bnb's that My fellow Hollywood players are finding success with online. Nothing is more frustrating than taking the time to learn optimal combo's just to go online and find them to be damn near fucking impossible to execute. I find lately I've been browsing combo threads and taking a ton of time to adjust them to something that is more manageable for net play.

I'll probably make a thread in a bit for this in the spec ops variation as well, but I'm after Hollywood right now.

Specifically: Punish combo's, combos starting with the back 1,2 flip kick/ forward 3, combo's from the 212 (think that's it, the high low combo' that can end in the overhead), and of course, corner combo's!

Any and all help is appreciated, feel free to throw in any tidbits you consider to be absolute must know knowledge for winning with this character/playing her online. Thanks in advance to any contributors, I think this character is awesome and just want to make sure I spend my time focusing on things I can actually use.

Ayyjayyy

DevilApes
I usually use this corner combo, *starter*,db2,121,123xxdb2,123 bd3. It's around 39% and i personally never drop it online

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
mid: b12 (or f3;b212d1+2;d+f1),db2,run,b1,bd3
mid punish: 242,33,b12,db2,run,b1,bd3
corner: b12 (or f3;b212d1+2;d+f1), run, 121,21u4,4,db2,run,212,bd3
corner punish: 242,f33,21u4,4,db2,run,4,bd3 (you can add another flipkick after standing 4 but I find it quite hard to land)

that's pretty much it these are really not that hard to do and make sure to hit nutpunch as high as possible for those plus frames.

sars

Noob
I normally do
starter, db2,rc,121,21u4,21u4,212,bd3 in the corner.

For my punish
242, 121,21u4,21u4,212,bd3

Depending on input delay and lag I might shorten them

Nate

Mutant Rebel
I normally do
starter, db2,rc,121,21u4,21u4,212,bd3 in the corner.

For my punish
242, 121,21u4,21u4,212,bd3

Depending on input delay and lag I might shorten them
Right on, this is all good stuff. Why is 242 always the go to starter for a punish but never a starter?

Blewdew

as protools27 said it can be ducked and her other strings are just better for opening people up (b214 is +1 on block, b212d1+2 can also be ducked but is easy to hitconfirm and with ex-gunshots it does 10% chip etc). but you use it as a starter for a punish because it has a really fast startup (6 frames if I remember right) and leads to the most damage.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I think the normal bnbs work fine from my experience. But don't do those midscreen db2 run cancel 212 or 11 combos. Those just don't work

Blewdew

Sometimes they work but it's very connection and character dependent. I also wouldn't trade my +19 frames (more or less) after b1,nutpunch for a little extra damage only being +3 apart from the fact that there's a good chance of droping the combo.

so yeah starter,db2,run,b1,bd3 is probably the best solution midscreen.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I've fought people overseas who hit the 212 consistently online, and we're 6 hours apart so it's really a matter of doing the combos so many times that you get used to timings and then get a feel for your delay. b1 is safer, but don't give up on 212

Blewdew

But b1 bd3 gives you way more plusframes. If you do ex-bd3 then yeah why not but imo b1,bd3 is not only safer But better than 212 or 11

Blewdew

I Know and what I'm saying is:
Db2,run,b1,bd3 > db2,run,212,b1,bd3

As Long as we're talking midscreen.

Nate

Mutant Rebel
Ok quick question, ive been ending the mid screen with back12 nutpunch. But i definitely have to let the guy drop further because otherwise the 2 pops him up and it can whiff. I noticed with just the back 1 it seems like its damn near impossible to whiff the nutpunch and it seems to hit him higher. Is this the reason you dont end with back 12? So you can hit him higher for more +frames?

Blewdew

Exactly. Raw nutpunch leaves you at +3 while as b1,bd3 as an combo ender can leave you at +16 or More depending on how high you Hit your opponent (sonicfox said +20 and more) giving you an meterless vortex more or less if done right so I really don't see any reason for trading this for slighty more damage.

Nate

Mutant Rebel
Exactly. Raw nutpunch leaves you at +3 while as b1,bd3 as an combo ender can leave you at +16 or More depending on how high you Hit your opponent (sonicfox said +20 and more) giving you an meterless vortex more or less if done right so I really don't see any reason for trading this for slighty more damage.
Ahhh ok awesome. That is new news since i last came around the Cassie boards. Thanks a lot guys!