What's new

Question Need some help with smoke. Seriously lols.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
My issue is that anytime im being rushed I tend to get buttraped. It's like their hits are so much faster than mine. I use the 1,d2, 3 (Hopefully im writing this correctly) But it's just so slow. And the lag does not do anything for me, so I mean, what can I should I do when being pressured? If any of you guys would like to help me in-game my xBL GT is TheSaBiie. Any and all help is appreciated, pretty much newbie fighting games in general.

It is slow. You're not going to get people off you with that string.

Smoke has a good crouching fp. It's pretty fast and can push them back a little to give you some room. Enhanced shake has no startup and gives you a knockdown, but it costs a meter. There are also more situational escape methods such as cross up jumps. Depends on the situation.

Spend more time playing the game and you'll learn how to get around pressure better. Also note that smoke does have it rough against rushdown characters, so it might not just be you. I like to counter-pick kabal for those matchups.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'm partial to d+3 to interrupt rushdown. Throwing a few in a row will take their momentum away from them, and give you an opportunity to counter attack.

agreed, except I recommend D+1. It's pretty much just as fast and does more damage. smoke's D+1 is one of the better D+1s.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
True, but the damage from that still is so small. I like d+3 because it hits low and because of that its almost guaranteed after you block a string and they try to go right into another

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Loot

the special effects
It basically means it takes them that many more frames to recover on block stun.

edit: Rob thoroughly explained it better than my half ass.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Question: what does it mean when someone says the person is negative on block?
A move being positive or negative on block is referring to how fast the move recovers in relation to how fast your opponent gets out of block stun. As an example lets say a move is -3 on block. This means your opponent will recover from block stun 3 frames before your move has recovered from its animation.

Now lets say a different move is +3 on block. That means your move on block will recover 3 frames before your opponent recovers from block stun.
As a general rule, the more positive the advantage on block, the safer the move is. However just because a move is negative on block does not neccesarily mean it is unsafe on block.
Using the first example above with the -3 move. This only means that your opponent gets out of block stun 3 frames before your move recovers. If he does not have a move with less than 3 frames of startup (and few characters do) he still cannot punish your blocked move because you would be able to block before his attack hits since the start up is to long.
so even if a move is negative on block, it can still be safe on block.