What's new

Question - Grandmaster Need some explanation for this situation.

So I was messing around in the lab while watching tv, practicing corner anti-wake up timing and I came across this situation.

I was doing b33~EX ball, whiff clone, j2, 242, f12 then clone and for some reason it seemed very inconsistent, sometimes the clone would come out, sometimes not. I tried with just walking back instead of whiffing the clone and it seemed to still be a toss up.

Is this the breathing hitbox again, or am I missing something else? Do I have to take a small step back before setting up the clone? Any tips would be appreciated.

Had to read through 30 pages in the grandmaster thread to find something about it. @crosshair271 posted about taking a small step back before cloning. Keeps most of you advantage and makes sure the clone comes out. Not the most elegant solution but at least its a solution. Going to test it out tonight to see if its because of the breathing thing.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Yeah I guess steps are plenty cancellable aren't they. So you're basically doing a dragon punch motion backwards and canceling the back step into clone? I like it.

zoofs

bless
Had to read through 30 pages in the grandmaster thread to find something about it. @crosshair271 posted about taking a small step back before cloning. Keeps most of you advantage and makes sure the clone comes out. Not the most elegant solution but at least its a solution. Going to test it out tonight to see if its because of the breathing thing.
you might as well just use b33 iceball, ji2, 242, njp, jip, f12 as it's 2% less and consistent.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
You can replace f12 with b334 as well if you'd like. Sets ups consistent clone on females and does good damage, feels like less advantage though.

you might as well just use b33 iceball, ji2, 242, njp, jip, f12 as it's 2% less and consistent.
Yeah thats probably where this is headed. It was my goto combo before I decided I could try and squeeze an extra 2%, but it seems unreliable.

Btw I watched your Brady extravaganza the other day, very entertaining stream haha. You gonna manage to have Tom drop by for the next one I hope?

zoofs

bless
Yeah thats probably where this is headed. It was my goto combo before I decided I could try and squeeze an extra 2%, but it seems unreliable.

Btw I watched your Brady extravaganza the other day, very entertaining stream haha. You gonna manage to have Tom drop by for the next one I hope?
lol I wish, tom is probably much too busy with diablo for that. We're going to try and make the next one even better though

SLEZZY

NOT sleazy
You can also wait a split hair second longer to clone when the opponent's legs are stretched farther back. The clone should come out every time then.