What's new

Need Robo Smoke help.

I read the guides of course, but all my attack plan seems to consist of is rushing with run jabs and autocombos. What should I actually be doing?

I tend to win, but that's probably because of the shock of a Robo smoke not pulling out a single teleport punch. >.>

I can't seem to get invisibility right though. When's the best time to use it? I usually get hit before I get chance to take advantage of the move.

Any help would be appreciated. ^^

Usually I play more defensive with Smoke. What I do is throw random spears when across the screen, also turn invisible when that far way. When someone starts running in, teleport punch, spear, invisibility and combo. I usually don't bother with the aaHP because I don't get it off that often. Don't telepunch right after you turn invisible though.. that'll screw you up.

Use throws like crazy. I played a kid who's smoke I couldn't beat because everytime I jumped he'd whip up and throw my ass. Seriously, I couldn't jump. And if I can't jump, all I can do is rushdown, but I couldn't because of the spear/throw/trip/telecut

ded

Elder God
spear, invisible and air throws! also there are so many custom scenarios:

rj, double rj, invis, hold back (for block or harpoon)
rj, rj, knee, sweep, watch for free spear usualy because opp often will try to jump or sweep too

turtling from full screen will help a lot too, inviisble in this situation is neat also

invisible in corner while rj someone who is blocking also panic the opp:
rjx3, cancel the pushback with invis, hk, hk, lp combo, try harpoon (risky!) against some characters etc...

also there are some strats that works sometimes like invis and appear often will make opp to run/jump into you with forgeting the block button which opens him for throw to aahp, tp uppercut combo...

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
against teleporters, invis and sometimes they will tlpt you instantly to make you visible, so invis and block, punish!

when I land an arpoon, sometimes I do autocombo (visible), and right after the combo ends, I turn invis and arpoon again. (they tend to jump or run) it's something like ded_ said.

invis mid distance from opp and if u know they're gonna chase you, (jumping at you) do tlpt and they will get hit from their front lol

hope that helps...

I like to rush in with runjabs and turn invisible right in front of you, which most people tend to get combo'd or thrown afterwards lol.

Derek

Noob
Boostjunkie said:
I like to rush in with runjabs and turn invisible right in front of you, which most people tend to get combo'd or thrown afterwards lol.
STFU Hacker!!!1111!11!