What's new

Need opinion

I'm thinking about buying the Mk classic arcade fightstick but i'm not really sure. I wanna know if this really help to improve your game and is that a good stick (i'm talking about function etc. not about art work and stuff)

Tim Static

Adminerator
If you want to buy one, i am gonna sell my PDP MK9 stick for PS3 and PDP Klassic stick for 360. Get at me.

I tried playing MK with a pad one time. Might as well been playing with a blind fold on. Of course I was born and raised playing MK on stand ups in the glory days of the arcades.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Chuck Fiasco said:
I tried playing MK with a pad one time. Might as well been playing with a blind fold on. Of course I was born and raised playing MK on stand ups in the glory days of the arcades.
Same here . Dude....different strokes for different folks......I swear I am 100X better on pad. idk how....I'm almost 31, I grew up with MK on stick....i'm just better on pad. It's a matter of personal preferences and how YOU perform best.

I started using a stick for SF, and I play Guile, Zangief, and Hawk better, but I'm STILL better w/ everyone else on pad, and this is considering 6 months of nothing BUT stick, weighed against 1st time using a pad in 6 months.....I was better on pad STILL after 6 months on stick. However there will ALWAYS be things you can do better on 1 and not the other. Choose which is more important to your overall gameplay befre deciding. If you don't know yet, find out 1st before deciding.

I keep dropping fdf combos or similar motions and I have had enough of it now, so what are the opinions on some of the different mk arcade sticks I can get at retail? Are the buttons ok? Like the spacing, shape and so on? Any suggestions would be great. Should I just get a PDP one and should I change anything on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

nwo

Noob
If your decent at UMK3 but new to arcade sticks, it'll be a massive downgrade in your gameplay for a while. For how long? That all depends on how dedicated you are and how many hours you put in on the stick. I switched over from a ps2 controller to stick last July, I had to play all day for like 3 days to even be able to halfway compete online again. Then I focused all my energy learning one character (Kung Lao). I'd say, 3 - 4 weeks doing this, my Kung Lao was as good as it ever was on the ps2 controller. Now, I couldn't use Kung Lao on a ps2 controller again and I wouldn't want to. The great thing about using a stick (for me) is, my hands never get sore from playing too long, on the ps2 controller my thumb would be hurting after a few hours of using Lao, from doing all those spins. I think the newer ps2 controllers have a stiffer D-pad, this could have been the problem.

So now after 8 months, the only characters I'm still better with on the ps2 pad are Kano, Liu Kang, and Jax. The reasoning is cause on the ps2 pad, I'd assign 2 LK buttons so I could buffer the cannon ball, bicycle kick, or ground slam for these characters easy while playing. Eventually it won't matter.

If you want to buy one, i am gonna sell my PDP MK9 stick for PS3 and PDP Klassic stick for 360. Get at me.
I hope your saving up some pennies. lol