What's new

General/Other - Royal Storm Need help

I just got the game last night, late to the party I know, and a beginner level noob. I'm not sure where to post this but if anybody is willing to help me learn this game, please feel free to hit me up on PSN = BT_Kllr_Instinct i'm really interested in learning Royal Storm kitana

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass

Watching gameplay is a huge step to knowing what things should look like as well. Cruise over to the kitana forums, look for the combo threads/videos and practice, practice practice.

Also, just to get ahead of this:
1 = square
2 = triangle
3 = X
4 = O

b = back, f = forward, etc. Inputs are notated in this way. So 112124 would be square, square, triangle, square, triangle, O

and b14, db2 4, rc 12, rc 2134 Is what a combo might look like. What this means is: back + square, O, down->back triangle (special move) O, run cancel (run at them), square triangle, run cancel, triangle, square, X, O.

All assuming default inputs.

Critical things to learn in the game are how strings cancel into special moves (so like 12 into fans or something) and running between combos/pressure/combos.

gam224

The world's least hype player
I have taught others the game. I main kitana and I would be happy to help you with her or any other character. Psn gam2442

Watching gameplay is a huge step to knowing what things should look like as well. Cruise over to the kitana forums, look for the combo threads/videos and practice, practice practice.

Also, just to get ahead of this:
1 = square
2 = triangle
3 = X
4 = O

b = back, f = forward, etc. Inputs are notated in this way. So 112124 would be square, square, triangle, square, triangle, O

and b14, db2 4, rc 12, rc 2134 Is what a combo might look like. What this means is: back + square, O, down->back triangle (special move) O, run cancel (run at them), square triangle, run cancel, triangle, square, X, O.

All assuming default inputs.

Critical things to learn in the game are how strings cancel into special moves (so like 12 into fans or something) and running between combos/pressure/combos.
I've familiarized myself with the notations and stuff, look at the combo guides and learning them slowly, but the whole "punishing" thing i guess im not getting the inputs fast enough, i learned a good amount about frame data just not good at remembering it all

gam224

I've familiarized myself with the notations and stuff, look at the combo guides and learning them slowly, but the whole "punishing" thing i guess im not getting the inputs fast enough, i learned a good amount about frame data just not good at remembering it all
go into practice mode. Set yourself as kitana and set the opponent to mileena. go into the pause menu and press AI options. Go down to reversal and set it to always. set the reversal to ball roll. The Ai is now set to ball roll as soon as it senses you are done attacking. Ball roll is one of the most punishable moves in the game. Go up to mileena and hit 1. she will ball roll. If you hit her befor she recover blocking than you have punished her. Kitana's go to punish is 111.

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
If you know how frame data works for the most part then you should be able to start punishing things reliably. If you have questions, just ask and anyone should be happy to help.

One big factor in this game is that there is block stun. While it is factored into the general frame data, it will actually delay the input buffer for your moves so that the game doesn't accept inputs during this block stun period. takes a bit of getting used to and it's different for different moves, so it feels finicky. But you should be able to get it after messing with it for a while.

Another note of weirdness is that reversal moves (special moves that are done after you blocked their string) will come out and punish things intuitively. a -7 move can be punished by a 6 frame reversal. HOWEVER, normal moves (1, 121, anything not a special move) will take an extra frame to punish, because of the way the input buffer works. So a move that is -9 can be punished by an 8 frame reversal move, but you would need to use a 7 frame normal.

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
and remembering frame data and character gimmicks and how to break specific pressure strings all kind of rolls up into match up experience, and it's crucial. It's just going to take time to get though, no magic about it. Watching gameplay is probably the best way.

If you know how frame data works for the most part then you should be able to start punishing things reliably. If you have questions, just ask and anyone should be happy to help.

One big factor in this game is that there is block stun. While it is factored into the general frame data, it will actually delay the input buffer for your moves so that the game doesn't accept inputs during this block stun period. takes a bit of getting used to and it's different for different moves, so it feels finicky. But you should be able to get it after messing with it for a while.

Another note of weirdness is that reversal moves (special moves that are done after you blocked their string) will come out and punish things intuitively. a -7 move can be punished by a 6 frame reversal. HOWEVER, normal moves (1, 121, anything not a special move) will take an extra frame to punish, because of the way the input buffer works. So a move that is -9 can be punished by an 8 frame reversal move, but you would need to use a 7 frame normal.
thank you, i seen a few matches with her, im just doing basic stuff atm learning simple combos, going into online matches to get my ass kicked and learn from it ha im not afraid to lose, i just need experience, and better execution so far with my combos since i always drop them online

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
There is no glamour or anything about instant air fans. Just practice. I know a buddy of mine picked her up and just would practice them for like 15-20 minutes a day for a week or two and he got it on lock pretty well after that.

I practice combos until I can execute them 5 times in a row, wait fr like 5 minutes, then do it another 5 times in a row. If I drop one, just start over. Consistency and a break help me out a ton.

Also a really helpful thing for me to do is to actually count and list the ways that I get caught and opened up. If you keep getting into the same loop (super common, they d3 and you block it, you d3 and it HITS them, you d3 AGAIN and they block it, then you both go for a combo and they'll hit you first because they blocked your d3. Watch for bad habits like double poking and throwing a projectile against an opponent in jump in range.

SeasonedGeisha

Make Harley Consistent 2k18
I just got the game last night, late to the party I know, and a beginner level noob. I'm not sure where to post this but if anybody is willing to help me learn this game, please feel free to hit me up on PSN = BT_Kllr_Instinct i'm really interested in learning Royal Storm kitana
Hey I can help you learn Kitana she's my main, just tell me if you want training. hmu.

Just add me, if anybody on PSN wants to help me get better plz add me BT_Kllr_Instinct i really want to get good at the game ha, i don't care how long i have to practice, im not afraid of hard work :)

Just add me, if anybody on PSN wants to help me get better plz add me BT_Kllr_Instinct i really want to get good at the game ha, i don't care how long i have to practice, im not afraid of hard work :)
Hi I am new to mk as well, would you like to practice with me online, iam not very good, but want to put I. Lots of practice time to learn the game

gam224

I am new to mk, would you consider online practice sessions with me, I am not very good, just so you know
Sure, I'm willing if you are on PSN my username is gam2442, let me know who it is in the friend request so i don't accidentally ignore you

Sure, I'm willing if you are on PSN my username is gam2442, let me know who it is in the friend request so i don't accidentally ignore you
I will add you tomorrow, I play cryo, totally new to mk, not very good, but have a good understanding of frame data, safe vs unsafe, punishable attacks what I block unsafe moves, understand cancel adv on hit vs block, I play CPU hard and play ok, but only have learned solid match up against 5 characters, but I figure the only way to get good is to take a long time and I must have a solid foundation of all characters moves and frame data to them so as to when to stay blocking and when to punish, it will just take time, playing CPU single fight, I feel no pressure, I know playing against a real person is different and I need to get over the anxiety and fear of not looking so good to a real opponent, when I get over that I will settle down and begin to play more naturally, so please be patient with me, I want to practice against a good player who will slowly over time increase the pressure on me, so as to elevate my game as I build confidence, Will be gone for about a week and then we can start, thanks. Scott. I also like kitana, and iam slowly learning her, going slow so as not to overwhelm myself, since I have a long way to go with cryo