What's new

need help with these matchups

Hey guys i am playing jax quite while for like 4 montha whwn i atarted mk i am.learning jax but i didnt find any tipa how to fight against these : kabal,smoke,sonya,skarlet,reptile,noob can u give me some good tips i have few more questions,after i block lets say d1 of kitana what should i do or smokes 3 d1 2( or whatever it is), i started playing offline too i found some guys who are playing and i can say its so much difference,as i say have problem with those guys i can type what i use with jax :
My favourite midscreen when someone is close, d3 into f41 and then f4 ohs or f3 gg or cross over 123 gg,12 ohs etc or even throw,in footsies i like to gp cancel into ew or gp cancel agg,d4 gg give me really good frame advantage,in corner i use (without bar) f413,d1 1 12 12 12 gg or f413 d1 1 12 12 12 cgp, (with bar) f413 d1 1 12 ohs exgp 1 12 ohs etc... any other mixups,tips ?

Kitana d1 on block is liks super minus lol. Online its neutral
never continue a block string after d3 on block. Your minus 7.
F41 I believe is -5 on block.
D1 anything smoke does on block. If he does 3D1. You poke

DavS13

Noob
-At full screen gp cancel and go into medium gp if they jump forward
-after a AA with a ew you get a free ex gp
-in the corner if you got no meter, try f413 d1 1 12 1 12 f41 gg, the gg will whiff every time and you usually get a free f4 after
-in the corner you can also try f414 then do a ohs. works every time if the knockdown works from f414 (or they dont try to armor after knockdown)
-if you notice that your opponent doesn't block alot after f41 on hit, do a standing 1 AA, then go into b124 superman
-include f4 ex ew in your mixups. I usually do a f3 if it hits, and it usually does.
-after a knockdown in the corner, if you dont think they will armor out, do d4 ohs on their wakeup
-basically all kitana players d1 after a blocked cutter, so I just wait for that then d3 counterpoke and f4 ohs or something like that
-against smoke players who like to smoke away just superman them, unless they bait it alot and punish you

These are just off the top of my head

-At full screen gp cancel and go into medium gp if they jump forward
-after a AA with a ew you get a free ex gp
-in the corner if you got no meter, try f413 d1 1 12 1 12 f41 gg, the gg will whiff every time and you usually get a free f4 after
-in the corner you can also try f414 then do a ohs. works every time if the knockdown works from f414 (or they dont try to armor after knockdown)
-if you notice that your opponent doesn't block alot after f41 on hit, do a standing 1 AA, then go into b124 superman
-include f4 ex ew in your mixups. I usually do a f3 if it hits, and it usually does.
-after a knockdown in the corner, if you dont think they will armor out, do d4 ohs on their wakeup
-basically all kitana players d1 after a blocked cutter, so I just wait for that then d3 counterpoke and f4 ohs or something like that
-against smoke players who like to smoke away just superman them, unless they bait it alot and punish you

These are just off the top of my head
if i gp cancel at far shpuld dash back or dash forward to cancel and thx alot man, aftet kitanas d1 do u mash d3 or just click once
I use d1 ohs alot too it works like charm,what about kabal and reptile

DavS13

Noob
if i gp cancel at far shpuld dash back or dash forward to cancel and thx alot man, aftet kitanas d1 do u mash d3 or just click once
I use d1 ohs alot too it works like charm,what about kabal and reptile
I guess it depends on you since both work, but I like to back dash. No you don't want to mash d3 just wait for the d1 and d3 instantly. If the kabal player doesn't have very good IAGB's just do ew full screen. If they like to dash cancel alot, just 12 ohs its unbreakable (if you punish a dash cancel), and does alot of damage if you want an ex gp after. You know reptile player like to dash and jump punch so zone them, then when they get mid screen or so you know they will do it so standing 1 AA.

Thanks guys ill try these out on practice modw, didnt know abput theae combos in wall, btw why f4 ew? On block its so -? What do i get with this string?

DavS13

Noob
Thanks guys ill try these out on practice modw, didnt know abput theae combos in wall, btw why f4 ew? On block its so -? What do i get with this string?
f4 ex ew. Because alot of people will unblock and get hit by the ex. especially low hitbox character who are used to interrupting jax after f4. You are really plus on hit, I think +19 or something like that.

So with low hitbox chars i shpuld use that f4 ex ew and then f4 ohs or something like that?and what to do when noob saibot ia using upknee as wakeup attack ita + on block?

Last edited:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
So with low hitbox chars i shpuld use that f4 ex ew and then f4 ohs or something like that?and what to do when noob saibot ia using upknee as wakeup attack ita + on block?
just scout the range on it , and make it whiff then get advantage with a d4 , or just EX dash punch every time he tries to wake up , you cant just rush in vs noob gotta make him whiff clones