What's new

Guide - Sub-Zero need help with stringing together sub-zero combos (and lui kang too)

hi guys - new to this site! having trouble finding advanced combos (stringing them together) beyond the basic combos list given in the game's move list screen). what sources do people use? also, unfortunately not fluent yet in all of the abbreviated controller inputs that i know everyone on here typically use. :)

TIA!

thanks! where's the best resource to learn all of the abbreviated button inputs? I see each combo has like JIP 2,3 etc means nothing to me yet :)

mrapchem

Noob
thanks! where's the best resource to learn all of the abbreviated button inputs? I see each combo has like JIP 2,3 etc means nothing to me yet :)
Oh, I can tell you what those mean right now. Basically, instead of having to memorize the names/placement of the PS4/Xbox One buttons, a universal system was made so that everyone on both consoles knew what button was what. Basically:

1 = Square/X
2 = Triangle/Y
3 = X/A
4 = Circle/B

Another way to think of it is 1 = Forward Punch and 3 = Forward Kick. If you memorize those two, then you'll automatically know the others. Keep posting in this thread if you have any other questions!