What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Need help with sonya tech

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Combo thread really only deals with these.

As always, you can poke cancel into military stance and do a 50/50 from there, but that tends to be higher risk/lower reward. Wouldn't advise it.

b14 and b332 are really the only strings you would use naked for mix-up. If you're going straight for block pressure 2134 leaves you in a good state, but starts with 2 high hits, so of questionable reliability over a spread of matches.

for me, most of the game is conditioning players to poke with my own d1 and d3 pressure, and then back jump dive kicking to punish them when they attempt to poke. Crushes their poke into full combo.

Most of her pressure comes from the 50/50 mix-up and then crushing their wake ups/parrying their wake ups/etc.

Dedlock

Noob
Combo thread really only deals with these.

, and then back jump dive kicking to punish them when they attempt to poke. Crushes their poke into full combo.
me too with the back jump low dive kick, i bait them to punish me and then back jump low dive kick and its gets them every time, so far!

what strings or pokes do you guys use in neutral ? i found myself going into her stance way to often.. i usually use her 1 and 1,1 and 1,1,1 strings and f+2, b1,4 and b+3,3 and sometimes i cancel into her stance from just d+3 or 4 and stuff besides baiting them for a divekick jump in

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I think one of the more important questions is how you do deal with projectile spam when you're sonya
Honestly, Sonya loses the projectile trading war since her projectile doesn't net her a combo full screen, as well as her damage output on that projectile is low imo

*Crouching, neutral jumping, jumping towards, dive kicking, ex arc kick are all good options. You just have to get the right read on your opponent.

Dedlock

Noob
One of my most glorious victories came from trashing a full auto Jackie spammer she defeated me the first round but you adapt to her timing and dive kick in for the kill, also I know running isn't popular but against inferno scorpion who is able to paralyze you in the air it is necessary

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Wow, you guys should try F4 into command grab. If you cancel the first hit of F4, you have enough cancel advantage to grab buzzsaw Lao out of his regular spin even on reversal. Seems like a very viable mixup, I don't know if this is a result of the buff or not.