What's new

Question - Johnny Cage Need help with JC's footsie options and block pressure strings

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
D4 is also a very important footsie tool. Pressure involves getting them to fear F24 to then go into 11 pressure. You could go 11 into another 11 or F24, D4 or Throw. 113 is also a solid option due to the last hit being low.

Kompetitor

I'd Frame That
A good block pressure string is 114 forceball. In A list if you wanna get good chip damage: f3 ex forceball, f3 cancel, 113 cancel, 114 forceball...timing is very strict though

rafaw

#YouSuck
Depends on the variation, looks something like this:
Universal - D4 and F24 are your main tools, then you have 113, this one you can stagger into f24 or do 1~F24 once they start to get your 113, F3 is a really good whiff punish.

A-list - due to cancels you get more options and become a footsie monster due to F3 being safe when you cancel it, so you can do as a BS this: F3 SKRC, 113 SKRC, 114 forceball! 4 SKRC, 113/114/ F24 are really good too.

Stunt Double - Mimic Cancels are really good, but it has gaps so you need to know witch strings make it usefull, if you do 4xxMimic AtivationxxMimic SK you are plus on block after the SK, so you can follow up with another F3xxMimicSK or F3xxMimicUpercut, ex mimic upercut is reallly good too, it hits overhead on the last hit and grants you another string on then.

I Dont play Fistcuffs a lot, so i will not say about this variation.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
I think that in stunt double the pressure options are way safer since the mimic activation,let speak the truth,in A list all the RC are armoured through,you need a perfect timing to avoid the reversal,but the mimic specials are safe and the EXdb1 RC is Especially after the 333 sick pressure.all these are just my thoughts and I will not insist!

rafaw

#YouSuck
I think that in stunt double the pressure options are way safer since the mimic activation,let speak the truth,in A list all the RC are armoured through,you need a perfect timing to avoid the reversal,but the mimic specials are safe and the EXdb1 RC is Especially after the 333 sick pressure.all these are just my thoughts and I will not insist!
Sorry to be the one giving you the bad news, but your wrong about SD safeness! Almost every normal/string into clone is not a true blockstring, and your wrong about A list too, 114, 4, F3, F2 skrc are true blockstrings if done right.

Kompetitor

I'd Frame That
Depends on the variation, looks something like this:
Universal - D4 and F24 are your main tools, then you have 113, this one you can stagger into f24 or do 1~F24 once they start to get your 113, F3 is a really good whiff punish.

A-list - due to cancels you get more options and become a footsie monster due to F3 being safe when you cancel it, so you can do as a BS this: F3 SKRC, 113 SKRC, 114 forceball! 4 SKRC, 113/114/ F24 are really good too.

Stunt Double - Mimic Cancels are really good, but it has gaps so you need to know witch strings make it usefull, if you do 4xxMimic AtivationxxMimic SK you are plus on block after the SK, so you can follow up with another F3xxMimicSK or F3xxMimicUpercut, ex mimic upercut is reallly good too, it hits overhead on the last hit and grants you another string on then.

I Dont play Fistcuffs a lot, so i will not say about this variation.
Thanks man, I didn't like stunt double as much because it didnt feel like how cage should play. I enjoy A List, but I haven't had any pointers on how to play him, never saw any footage of higher level players using him, kinda been on my own. That's why im in here, so better cage players can help me learn and level up, criticize my gameplay, etc.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Sorry to be the one giving you the bad news, but your wrong about SD safeness! Almost every normal/string into clone is not a true blockstring, and your wrong about A list too, 114, 4, F3, F2 skrc are true blockstrings if done right.
Really,it's my fault not to mention that all the things I've said above are with mimic active.Sorry again!

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Just remember @stamatis that even though the mimic moves are unsafe in block strings, you can use that to your advantage. I play with a lot of people who know the holes and it becomes the best kind of mind game. What if you bait armor and then full combo punish them? Then they lost a bar, and a bunch of health. Once they know you're willing to do that, they wont waste the armor as much, they'll tend to just eat the chip and block high. I believe the mind games work in SDJC's favor. Especially against characters like Dvorah that dont have an armored launcher.

rafaw

#YouSuck
Just remember @stamatis that even though the mimic moves are unsafe in block strings, you can use that to your advantage. I play with a lot of people who know the holes and it becomes the best kind of mind game. What if you bait armor and then full combo punish them? Then they lost a bar, and a bunch of health. Once they know you're willing to do that, they wont waste the armor as much, they'll tend to just eat the chip and block high. I believe the mind games work in SDJC's favor. Especially against characters like Dvorah that dont have an armored launcher.
That i agree 100%, but its not a pressure game in this case, is just a mind game :D

rafaw

#YouSuck
Jc imo is really good in his 2 viable variations, SD got really nice combos, a great mind game(especialy if they fix the fucking 114 whiffing and 113xxmsu not hiting sometimes). A list got a great pressure and footsies.