What's new

need help labbing: feint cancelling

hi guys,

im prepping for the jacqui MU and I need help recording the training ai.

how exactly does the whole feint cancel work and what are the other possible mixups I should look forward to?

thanks in adv; hope I dont have to resort to this when playing against jacqui players.

well.. it's in the move list.. most common are
112 L2
f31 L2

L2 in ps4, LT is xbox

jacqui is not plus in any of them, so you can poke when you see the feint, or full punish her after blocking f3 if you make the read of the feint

well.. it's in the move list.. most common are
112 L2
f31 L2

L2 in ps4, LT is xbox

jacqui is not plus in any of them, so you can poke when you see the feint, or full punish her after blocking f3 if you make the read of the feint
so if I assumed that right...feint cancelling is there to throw off the blocking of the opp?

so if I assumed that right...feint cancelling is there to throw off the blocking of the opp?
yeah you can say that. It's a gimmick, if you watch high level jacqui players, they are using staggers instead of feints. Thing is, in terms of frame data, staggers are way better. F3 is -2 on block and you can poke after that (completely safe), meanwhile F31 L2 is like -10, fully punishable on read, and pretty easy to do since jacqui players push buttons after the feint, so there is no chance you miss the punish if you made the read.

If you face a jacqui player that goes for feints, just practice full combo punish (usually s1 combo starter) as soon as you block f3.
Safe option is poking after you see the feint.

alright. thanks for the tips.

got creamed by good jacquis lately until I noticed that if you stay just in her dash punch range (while tossing projectiles there and now) you can duck and kb d2 her.

my problem now is when she does get in.

ps: initially thought she was broken until my lab exp with the kb d2 proved otherwise ;)

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
b3,4 is +4 on block (not a cancel I know but Jacqui will go for it). You can flawless block the 4 or poke (big gap) and punish her. Needs practice but is doable

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
yeah you can say that. It's a gimmick, if you watch high level jacqui players, they are using staggers instead of feints. Thing is, in terms of frame data, staggers are way better. F3 is -2 on block and you can poke after that (completely safe), meanwhile F31 L2 is like -10, fully punishable on read, and pretty easy to do since jacqui players push buttons after the feint, so there is no chance you miss the punish if you made the read.

If you face a jacqui player that goes for feints, just practice full combo punish (usually s1 combo starter) as soon as you block f3.
Safe option is poking after you see the feint.
Uhhh what?

This is some serious misinformation

Jacqui f31~feint is -2, not full combo punishable.

f3, f31 and f31~feint are all -2. f314 is -6

To the OP, if you’re looking to fight Jacqui, have a look at this video:

thanks for the help guys. I know command lists has the frame data listed but without somebody to show me how they're executed, I might end up labbing wrong.

sure does beat wishing for nerfs* ;)

* except maybe erron black. that mofo can outzone and outbrawl everybody.